The Humble Pie Thread

Faz

So, your posting a thread, before christmas gloating about people saying we could go down and so drawing conclusions too early ?

Slightly ironic dont you think ?

Ironic, sure, but this post sums up this forum entirely - why bother talking about football, when you can goad and taunt and look to start fights. Pathetic.

We need moderators on this forum. We need someone with the balls to stamp out this crap and get back to football.

I think he is referring to the panic merchants who called for NA to be shown the door.

People did not hold their nerve when we needed to and will have to in the future.

The yoyo strategy allows us to enjoy the ride and at the same time a realistic plan if we do go down.

Never said we were going down, said we were playing poorly and that Adkins wouldnt change his philosophies.

He did, we look much better, were not out of the woods yet, but I have already said all this

What a great attempt to re-write history. No doubt one of the Anti-Hoddle brigade of 2004 who will not admit to his part in crippling the club.

What a great attempt to re-write history. No doubt one of the Anti-Hoddle brigade of 2004 who will not admit to his part in crippling the club.

Eh ?

Its bot a re-write at all, I said at the time that Adkins is a man of principle and wanted to continue playing expansive football. I didnt think he was able to change it. And so I said we could do with a diferent direction.

I qas wrong, we look more solid now. Shaw and Cork have helped a lot too.

We could still go down

Ironic, sure, but this post sums up this forum entirely - why bother talking about football, when you can goad and taunt and look to start fights. Pathetic.

We need moderators on this forum. We need someone with the balls to stamp out this crap and get back to football.

Agree 100%

Very happy that Adkins identified (and sorted) the issues we all saw after those first 10 games. Shame it wasn't realised a couple of games earlier as we could be out of sight (relatively), bit very glad he is still at the helm after sorting the issues.

Still a long way to go though.

When you were calling for his head whilst others were saying he should be given time, what do you think caused the difference in your thinking and their's?

Come on, it's all good natured and mostly tongue in cheek ! I don't want a sterile and sanitised site like some.

I would say this is a good natured friendly site with some good banter and plenty of laughs....has been for the last 10 years.

Friendly banter is very welcomed by me. My main problem is when people just toss in threads with "Adkins out", "Guly is ****" or "Cortese is a *****" without backing it up with arguments just to start some **** stirring. Not to mention the numbers of "i told you so", or "you were so wrong"-threads. It is boring, predictable and takes up way to much space.

Friendly banter is very welcomed by me. My main problem is when people just toss in threads with "Adkins out", "Guly is ****" or "Cortese is a *****" without backing it up with arguments just to start some **** stirring. Not to mention the numbers of "i told you so", or "you were so wrong"-threads. It is boring, predictable and takes up way to much space.

I get it all the time, 'water off a ducks back' to me.

I concluded that a lot Saints fans are just plain thick ages ago...they tend to be more vocal on here.

Occasionally they get proved rightly and forget about the time the spoke complete and utter tosh. A lot of the more intelligent guys on here don't post.

I posted on here how I heard fans calling for Adkins to go after 3 games......

I think he is referring to the panic merchants who called for NA to be shown the door.

People did not hold their nerve when we needed to and will have to in the future.

The yoyo strategy allows us to enjoy the ride and at the same time a realistic plan if we do go down.

What part of this is a strategy?

Buy Ramirez for £12m because he will rip out the Championship when we go down?

Totally agree we might get relegated, but in what way do you think the club is (or should be) arranging its affairs in anticipation of relegation?

The exact opposite seems to be the case.