How can you not feel real sympathy for this copper?

marcus

Pinched from elsewhere, but ... not that I revel in anyone else's misfortune but I've just read a post on the Hammers board which cruelly tickled my warped sense of humour. Some bloke has posted about how disgusted he was with a response to his nephew who is a copper.

Apparently his nephew was on duty at an Opening of Parliament event, or similar, in central London and after absolutely ages without being relieved, he was beyond desperate for the toilet for a wee. Eventually, he had to ask to be stood down, seemingly to the annoyance of senior officers, and he hobbled off in search of a loo. However, being unfamiliar with the area he didn't know where to go and went into a small shop and asked/pleaded to use the toilet - but the shopkeeper refused, saying he was fed up with people asking.

Guess what? The young officer just couldn't wait and "did it in his trousers" in the street before he could find anywhere else!!

His uncle has posted a furious tirade asking how anyone could be so heartless as the shopkeeper. His nephew was apparently, and unsurprisingly, left humiliated by what happened.

I know it's not really funny and must have been awful for him but on the other hand ... a small sense of irony, do you think? How many times has a copper done a nick for someone peeing down an alleyway?

How can a grown, healthy, sober man not get to a toilet in time for a wazz. Its not like it creeps up on you suddenly.

Not normally, but it might do if you've been standing on parade for hours. Poor bloke must have been at bursting point.

• 1 year later...