Are Saints doing all their business early

Portugalsaint

Does anyone else think that Saints are looking to do all their business early this year; so they can go away for pre season with a positive squad? no defectors etc

I feel this answer is adequete:

Yes.

I think the Morgan saga could drag on so any expensive replacements will also drag on. The cheaper players that are on a limited contract are probably relatively easy to get in but if we're eyeing players on £10m+ then there will be competition for their signatures etc and will take a while.

I think the Morgan saga could drag on so any expensive replacements will also drag on. The cheaper players that are on a limited contract are probably relatively easy to get in but if we're eyeing players on £10m+ then there will be competition for their signatures etc and will take a while.

I still don't understand why this is. We're happy to sell for £25Mn. United and Arsenal are happy to buy for £25Mn. We know he wants to leave, and we've prepared for his departure.

Why arse around haggling for chump change? Lets get this done and move on to building a squad.

I still don't understand why this is. We're happy to sell for £25Mn. United and Arsenal are happy to buy for £25Mn. We know he wants to leave, and we've prepared for his departure.

Why arse around haggling for chump change? Lets get this done and move on to building a squad.

Maybe he's haggling over wages

No. Once Schneiderlin goes the squad is already weaker than last season, so we will make additions right up to the end of the window I imagine.

The only absolute musts between now and the first PL game are a CB (Toby or someone else) and a Morgan replacement.

Anything else is a bonus IMO.

He isn't a starting quality player if we want to finish top 8 again. Yoshida a great 3rd CB but we ideally would like a partner for Fonte for the first PL game.

Can I ask how you know? You are probably right, but you seem to talk with such certainty that I wonder whether you have been down to Staplewood or know someone there.

Can I ask how you know? You are probably right, but you seem to talk with such certainty that I wonder whether you have been down to Staplewood or know someone there.

I've watched the games he has played for Saints. So far not shown anything to be a first choice, and Koeman seems to agree as he doesn't pick him!