Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning.....

hamster

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning.

Sergeant Pepper and his Lonely Hearts Club Band. On cassette tape!!

Found it in the glovebox this morn when out for a meet, it was already cued up on 'When I'm 64'.

One thing I love about the cassette version is that you neither need nor want to start at track 1, whichever track you leave it on is a perfect starting point when you pop it back in again.

I was still singing 'Oh Ritaaa' when I got home.

Today I fell in love all over again.

It just shows how much of an impression The Beatles still have on a generation, because as soon as I saw the title, I thought...

nothing to do today, to save his life, call his wife in...

nothing to say, but what a day, how's your boy been...

And I had no real idea the thread was going to be about Sgt Pepper

The Beatles were ok in the later years when they were smacked off their tits but the early jingle-jangle pop stuff is just cringeworthy.

Just an opinion.

lmao!! agreed tho

plus I always hated the beatles until I heard that remixed Love album, that was a revelation.

The Beatles were ok in the later years when they were smacked off their tits but the early jingle-jangle pop stuff is just cringeworthy.

Just an opinion.

FWIW, I agree, and I'm old enough to have heard it first time round. Their earliest stuff has truly dated, and the songs they composed for their first album were rather mediocre to poor. But there was little else at the time, that captured the excitement.

Another FWIW, I've never seen the worth in The Rolling Stones. Horses for courses, I suppose.

One day, the Stones will finally release a great "Best Of" album, with about 20 really good songs which span their entire career, and they will be the only 20 worth talking about.

20! That's pushing it imho.

Beatles = pop music, good shout hamster. You are a man of good taste and even better judgement.

Imh The Beatles epitomise all that (relatively) music is about. Their range will never be equallled or bettered. Sent from up above. FACT

One day, the Stones will finally release a great "Best Of" album, with about 20 really good songs which span their entire career, and they will be the only 20 worth talking about.

I don't agree. The entire Aftermath LP was superb for starters.

As for Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, that was indeed a seminal work in its time.

I think that the Stones appeal is more for Stones fans. Their 'greatest hits' imo would need to have tracks that are familiar to the wider audience. They are certainly up there with the biggest of all time but it's perhaps time to leave the old Beatles vs Stones rivalry behind us.

For example, it could be argued that the Red and the Blue albums are 'greatest hits' and they are both doubles.

Imho the Stones are nowhere men in the big scheme.