Best Apres bar

mightysaints

La Folie Douce for me too.

Val D'Isere and Meribel are both excellent but I found the one in Val Thorens a bit crap. Might just have been a one off but they were just playing a load of R and B stuff I just couldn't get into.

Whenever they play Levels by Avicci the other two are always rocking. Kely Starlight is something of a local celebrity in Val D. If you've been to the Folie there you will know who I mean.

Also in Val the Cafe Face (owned by Folie Douce I believe) is decent but drinks get pricier as the night goes on. I'm rarely in there after about 10pm. Le Petit Danois is decent with a lot of live music and Dicks Tea Bar, which doesn't get going till gone midnight. The Morris often shows live sport but smells a bit weird. Again, some good live bands in there.

Away from Val, Scotty's in La Plagne is pretty decent although a badly cooked pizza gave me food poisoning last year. Had a very good night at the Rond Point in Meribel one night. Ended up dancing topless on a table, wearing a costume panda head next to some random Russians and Finns in just their underwear. All at about 8pm, outside when it was -5 and dark. Random but fun.

Not sure if I'd count the Folie as an après bar as its during the afternoon, although they are definitely an experience. I've not been to the Meribel one but prefer VT to VdI.

My top 5 après bars:

Jacks, Meribel.

Le Ski Lodge, La Tania.

Lodge De Village, Meribel Village. All 3 of those a great atmosphere with decent live music.

Miravallino, Sauze d'Oulx. Chilled out bar with loads of bean bags for seating and cracking chicken wings and ribs. Table service too.

L'Arpette, Les Arcs. Do the evening meal after the slopes shut, it's dancing on tables getting leathered (then skiing down with a flaming torch).