-
Posts
1,352 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Billy the Kidd
-
I think I have read sufficient posts of yours without saying much. Simply, to reference loads on the Arsenal game, where we pretty much played defensively, and got way, way lucky in the first half, is really stretching stuff, even for you. We have to look at last season, and the start of this season to form opinions. Many have done so and concluded that Martin is all about himself, and that largely he is inflexible and sticking to his ways. We have the points total we deserve. We have this points total due to how he sets us up. Players will always have brain farts, or miss the occasional penalty, but the way we play has been so predictable and largely easy to beat with half decent managers and half decent squads. The EPL is just magnifying the issue. So, for me, there is little point in continuing with Martin, as if we go down, which we most certainly will playing to his tune, he is very likely to fuck off at the first opportunity (which is also not an issue for me), but the worse part is any good players we have (and I dont believe we have enough to stay up), will also fuck off. Do you agree that by and large, Martin will play the usual way he wants to play? And if so, do you think we are likely to get many more points playing this way? Or are you suggesting he has turned a corner, and will mix it up, play more direct etc when he can, and more defensive against the top teams? I cant see any of this, apart from very occasionally. Personally, I'd have sacked him already. The Leicester game for me is irrelevant - if he wins or gets a draw we should have won, he will get more time. It doesnt appear we have learned from the last time we were in the EPL. Too slow to react. He should have gone in the summer, harsh as it seems, and no this isnt revisionist, I never wanted him in the first place, still wanted him gone in the summer. It is playing out the way I, and most people on here, thought it would. Vanity manager, comes across as the clubs/fans/players best mate, turns pretty nasty when it starts to go wrong and throws people under the bus. He only has his own interests at heart - a fucking great marketing manager he would make.
-
Not sure, but we have the reverse that somehow we still have a manager that can't win a game. Football is a funny old game...
-
A little unfair on Onuachu, he barely played the Jan we signed him, and has been frozen and loaned out ever since.
-
I wonder how long AA, JA, and WS have left in the lineup as starters, surely it won’t be long before they are replaced.
-
I’m not sure it wil happen, but he’d be an upgrade on Smallbone and Aribo. And Smallbone would count 100% towards PSR. Did we get Aribo on a free? Or did we pay like £7m on him?
-
I wasn’t aware, genuinely, how many of Burnley’s players are now playing in the EPL. I don’t count Charlie Taylor btw, as we signed him as a free agent, therefore not from Burnley.
-
Brilliant - Russ will play him as completion with Adam Armstrong then on the right wing.
-
-
There is another YouTube vid where he actually looks pretty decent to be fair.
-
Years of success in between 😂 Im not saying the manager will be a success or not, but your post is a bit dramatic and over stretching the truth to put it mildly. Im not convinced we will end the season with the same manager, and he obviously needs more games, and another 2 or 3 players, but I really hope we dont look as toothless upfront as we did today, and that is on the manager. It was similar to the frustrating parts of last season when we could break with pace, and the players stop, turn round and play it back. If the manager doesn’t want to play like that, most manager would rip into the players from the touchline and it’d change in game. It don’t appear to happen.
-
We seem to play with AA wider on the right, and BBD wider on the left, with nothing in the middle, no one breaking from midfield to get into the striker position. I thought Dibling looked good when he came on but he also tends to drop deeper to get the ball. Team shape looks a little like it doesn’t know what it is trying to do right now. And AA looks lost playing I the EPL, don’t know if it is a mental thing, but totally different player. I get he is up against better players but he looks like he can’t do much at all right now.
-
How the hell is it keeper blindness? We are in the process of getting someone else in. This takes time. If we don’t get a keeper in by the end of the window, fair enough, have your say then. But really strange post considering the news over the last few days. What a miserable fuck you come across as, always negative, always moaning, and as thick as shit.
-
Sterling is on over £350k pw I thought
-
.
-
I’ve been described exactly like that for years by Mrs Kidd. Small world 🤷♂️
-
I thought Archer at Sheff Utd technically was a loan, or that it converted to a loan and he became Villa's player. Not sure if that means he can be loaned, but it may be possible if the sale last year wasnt technically a sale.
-
Always amazes me when people use the word 'coup' when discussing players coming to a club. It is likely the word is never used by people ever in their lives apart from in football. Just found it funny, keeps cropping up. No offence to anyone specifically who has used it btw...
-
Or being sold 🤞
-
I wonder if we are purchasing players and then making more money from the clubs in the SR group through loans etc. Could be a half decent effort to generate additional revenue to help with PSR.
-
Why, do they have people in Italy that quickly move the goal to where the shot is travelling?
-
Makes sense.
-
I’ve never seen a Ferrari as slow as a Fiat either. Maybe we just need to accept the Fiat money.
-
Depends if that full back is Ryan Manning…
-
Surely if the strategy is for hungry players that are desperate to play for us, why are we letting Che bide his time. Notwithstanding he has demonstrated with us he isnt good enough, and clearly not hungry enough to play for us either. Literally wtf are we doing - been a very good start to the pre season with signings, really hoping we move on from him. Be gutted if he signs a new deal. The way I look at it is if Che was at the end of his contract with someone like, say Wolves, having performed the way he has done, would we be interested in signing him - surely nobody at the club would think it was a good move?
-
Yep, seems we have a real eye for all the Jap talent atm.
