-
Posts
4078 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by CanadaSaint
-
I stand by what I posted, and I don’t give a rat’s arse whether you like it or not. I’m sick of reading the wrist-slashing crap that you two and Alpine post day-in, day-out, and you’re joined by nuts like Gooner Wayman and one-verse Dalek. You both wanted a “big name” but you didn’t get that so you’re going to whine like schoolgirls and stamp your feet at every bad result. You want to be right so much that it hurts. And for your information, lard, I’ve NEVER put anyone on ignore and hopefully never will. I’m willing to entertain all opinions but you guys are something else.
-
Yep. Fancy sitting across from some of this lot in a dressing room?
-
Much of what you guys post is either an "I told you so" or preparation for one. And I'm sorry but I don't believe you when you say you want to be wrong. The constant, unremitting negativity is a clear sign that you actually want to be right - especially as you're harder to find around here after a good result. It was a dire result and everyone is sickened by it, but having to read your predictable crap every time we underperform makes it even worse. Sometimes silence speaks a lot louder.
-
Orgasms aplenty as Alpine, hypo and lard engage in group sex with utterly predictable posts agreeing with eachother. It's a dreadful result and everyone's down about it, but our season is far from over. The last thing anybody needs is to read that infantile "told you so" crap. Maybe you guys should get a chat room somewhere.
-
Hartlepool 0 - 0 Saints - Post Match Reaction Thread
CanadaSaint replied to Saint_clark's topic in The Saints
I'm a little frustrated too but I'm pretty much convinced that we're not running away with it is precisely because we are the biggest club in the league with the biggest and probably best squad in the division. Every other team raises its game against us, and a lot of our class counts for nothing in this division. I think the same squad would actually be doing better in the Championship than we are here, but we're still right on target for automatic promotion. That's why all the negativity and overreaction frustrates the sh*t out of me. -
What are you correcting?
-
Hartlepool 0 - 0 Saints - Post Match Reaction Thread
CanadaSaint replied to Saint_clark's topic in The Saints
I agree with you and the use of the words "trying to win something" was quite telling. Most people in the "b*tch, criticize and moan" dressing room have never won anything and never will. They're the types who always look for someone else to blame - never in the mirror. We're FIFTH FFS, and with games in hand that can take us comfortably into an automatic promotion spot. -
Hartlepool 0 - 0 Saints - Post Match Reaction Thread
CanadaSaint replied to Saint_clark's topic in The Saints
About 50% of the people on this forum are the absolute last people I'd want on my side if the going gets tough. Ironic, eh? -
Thank you.
-
Thanks, Ron, good to know. That info certainly seems to suggest that the ill-feeling remains because MLT, rather than Cortese, is happy with things that way. But that post was gone in seconds!
-
Sadly, the only person capable of doing that died last year.
-
Yes, I think it fuking does matter on a couple of levels. 1) Making posts disappear within seconds even when they don't seem to infringe the rules is rather scary, don't you think? You'd go ballistic if it was one of yours. 2) The post stated that Cortese had tried to sort things out with MLT but "was told to F.O.". Don't you think that's important information - especially for the people who keep p*ssing at Cortese? If you're bored with the topic find another thread.
-
You don't think that's a little troubling?
-
I saw that post, too, and it's gone without a trace as though it was never there in the first place. I know you can edit your own posts but I didn't think - and still don't - that you can make them disappear altogether. Unless I'm wrong, only a mod can do that, so the question is "Why was that post removed?" and "Who by?"
-
That looks like Yes x 2 to me.
-
Yes, they're crucial - but like I said, we can get there without relying on other results. To say that automatic promotion is out of our reach is ludicrous.
-
Not a convincing performance from the sound of it, but a win is a win. Most teams find it hard to break down sides that are one player short. We can get into the top two without anyone's help but that didn't stop one of the forum's idiots from concluding that "automatic promotion is going to be out of our reach,and has been for a while." Unbelievable.
-
Cortese clarifies the current position (Daily Telegraph)
CanadaSaint replied to trousers's topic in The Saints
That's a cop-out, hypo - a weak rationale that people use for posting all kinds of stuff on here. It's also inaccurate because a lot more core people keep in touch with these media than some choose (or claim) to believe. But that wasn't my point, and you know it. My point was that there was a lot of needless, nasty sh*t on here yesterday, and the people posting it were hypocrites if they were b*tching about the Cortese, Le Tiss, McMenemy, Benali situation. Regardless of the "side" they took. -
Cortese clarifies the current position (Daily Telegraph)
CanadaSaint replied to trousers's topic in The Saints
It's all rather sad, really. Not just what's happening between Cortese, Le Tiss, McMenemy and Benali, but what was happening on here yesterday. It seems that certain elements of the fan base are as emotionally invested in this as the main protagonists, and now seem hell bent on inflaming it rather than resolving it. Until people start searching for a solution rather than a victory - at the club and on here - that will continue. If some of our posters can't back down after posting needless sh*t or acting as agents provocateurs in the debate, who the hell are we to expect those four to resolve things? -
Yes, that's the only way out and I think the pressure (aimed at both sides) to do that has to come from the fan base - we're the ones who are having our loyalties needlessly challenged when we'd be far happier being loyal to all of them. But then who are we to lecture them on compromise and reconciliation when we look at some of the polarizing and obnoxious comments on here?
-
Cortese clarifies the current position (Daily Telegraph)
CanadaSaint replied to trousers's topic in The Saints
"Queening it up"? I asked a fairly simple question and I've yet to receive a reply. It's not just "mild snipes", it's what seems like a campaign of sniping. In the week that we were in the national/global spotlight for the first time in ages, a lot of the headlines were about this stuff. I resent it for four reasons. Firstly, it's a big and public negative in what's otherwise a sea of positives. Secondly, it's screwing with my memories because Le Tiss and McMenemy have always had - and always will have - hero status in my heart. Thirdly, it's not cooling down, it's escalating. And, fourthly, it's dividing the fan base and people on both sides are starting to say some pretty nasty things. That little package looks like a lot more than mild irritants to me, so now we start moving into the realms of the destabilization that Cortese (somewhat dramatically) says is happening in the background. While we've all seen the public front of this ill feeling, none of us has any idea of the face to face confrontations that have occurred in private. I suspect they were both numerous and ugly. You're right, everyone does need to calm down but the first step is to STFU with this stuff. That particular ball is more in the court of Le Tiss and McMenemy than it is in Cortese's; ditto for Benali but his is a different kind of court. On the other side, Nicola needs to be man enough to park the ego for a minute if he really wants this resolved and if he really is concerned about instability. -
Cortese clarifies the current position (Daily Telegraph)
CanadaSaint replied to trousers's topic in The Saints
I'm inclined to agree with you, but what exactly is he trying to do, Duncan? The longer it goes on with these snipes, the more it fuels the allegation that there is a group out there trying to do something. -
Um, to me the only entity capable of making that peace is the fan base, because the protagonists each seem to have their own media outlets. Several of those outlets, sadly, seem to have deserted the middle ground, so they have no part to play in the peace-making. God knows (!) there isn't really one credible voice of the fans, so we'd have to try another way to get our point across that we see this as a very big, very sad negative in a sea of positives. I hasten to point out that I'm not talking about a protest (that's the last thing we need) but some direct fans-to-protagonists communication. Perhaps it's a poll that we could run on here with the results being forwarded to the club. I don't know. Any ideas?
-
True, but the absolute, crucial, unarguable first step is for the trio to STFU because it's becoming much more than a "spat" and good things are falling victim to it. Cortese is not the one doing the personalized sniping. Although his reaction to it is frustrating and even disappointing, it's also understandable. I don't think he's a man that deals in many compromises, and the sooner people accept that, the better.
