Jump to content

CanadaSaint

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    4078
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CanadaSaint

  1. Does that line up suggest that we're targeting the centre of their defence rather than the flanks? Are we going to have enough width?
  2. That I agree with.
  3. I did. That's why I made the observation, but it's there to be made on virtually every thread you enter, which is most of them on here. You seem to be losing your cool so I guess that one hit home, even if you won't admit it.
  4. No he isn't. That's exactly the point. But, given your own habit of wildly overstating things, I'm not surprised that you can't see it.
  5. There, just to prove my point, you did it again.
  6. It's January 2, FFS.
  7. Alpine, serious question: Why do you continually misrepresent what others are saying in your attempts to make your own point? You do it all the time. If your point can't stand on its own merits without that kind of nonsense, perhaps you don't really have one.
  8. He was okay but he's always one questionable ref's decision or one bad tackle away from a red card. Not the sort of 'leadership' they'll need in what will be a very inexperienced team. I'd be happy to see him playing and, especially, to see us running the ball at him.
  9. No New Year's resolution for you then, Alps.
  10. Delldays, you're wasted in the RN.
  11. I hope you're right. That's a flank to attack, at least while he's still on the pitch.
  12. Do we know if Taricco will be in Brighton's line up?
  13. I wasn't being "precious" because your comment was clearly aimed at someone (if not me I'm not sure who), and I don't think anyone has written him off - just expressed valid concerns. These injuries have become a much bigger deal in other sports than they once were. I think it's clear that he did a lot more than "split the front of his head open", and in that case recovery period could be very, very lengthy. Only later can the professionals make the bigger judgment, but the "When will he be back?" questions involve a significant assumption. That's all I was saying. No diagnosis in there.
  14. If that was aimed at my comment, amongst others, it wasn't "analysis" and it wasn't "pseudo medical nonsense." I was relating a sad and troubling fact and suggesting its possible relevance to the Dan Seaborne situation. And if you really meant what you said on line 1 you'd have been better not to write line 2, wouldn't you?
  15. I think that's a very valid question, Leicester. And I'll go farther based on Nick's comment. I can't help but wonder if he'll play professional football again. Concussion in professional athletes (especially NFL and NHL) has become a huge issue over here in the last year, following some sudden deaths and post mortems that revealed the lasting damage caused by serious (and even not so serious) head injuries. Besides the human tragedies, there are rumblings of liability for clubs who continued to play them, which is making them think very carefully before dressing players with head injuries in their history. Dan clearly had a very serious injury, and the fact that he plays in a position in which frequent heading is mandatory must make his future - as a pro at least - even more doubtful. I'm not even thinking about the playing side. Just on a human level I wish him nothing but the best.
  16. I really get the feeling that Adkins is a very forgiving, nice-natured kind of guy so my hunch is that Puncheon somehow p*ssed off the highly-unforgiving Cortese. Or maybe, as you say, the "dressing room".
  17. Oh, the irony . Unlike you, I know exactly what was said and what wasn't said, and I don't need to lie to justify myself. Take it to PM if you have a problem, rather than continually boring normal people with your pathetic "You hurt my feelings" whining.
  18. I knew you weren't man enough to apologize for yet another failure to properly read or understand what's right in front of you. It's such a "fingers in the ear" weakness that you actually start to believe your own lies and bullcrap. And BTW if you continue to post on here (a public form) I'll continue to refer to you whenever it suits me. If you want to keep making it personal with your precious sensitivity perhaps you should do it via PM.
  19. Yet again you fail to read - or comprehend - what's in front of you. It seems to happen when you start typing - in anger or frustration or indignation - before you've thought (or read) things through, which was constant and is now thankfully only occasional. As you very well know, I'm far from the only person to take issue with that trait on here. Try reading the second-last sentence again and then we'll see if your misdirected "better man" comment applies for your own screw-ups. I suspect it doesn't.
  20. You might find the answer in some of his posts if you go back a bit: Regarding our squad: "Too large with players who aren't capable of getting us out of the Championship." (July 23) "Leicester will walk the Championship." (June 27) "There is no way Saints will finish in the top 6. Lower half of the table is the best we can expect next season." (June 6) "Leicester champions. Saints somewhere between 16th & 20th." (May 22) It's just another example of the morons who claim to be supporters but make dire predictions and then spend the season hoping to be proven right. If I'm a "happy clappy" because I'm proud of what we've achieved and optimistic that we can stay there (despite some concerns), so be it. I'd rather be that than have to look at the world through the wrist slasher's eyes every day. A lot of today's posts remind me of the posts on last year's Walsall thread - and from many of the same people (not Hypo, though!). Perhaps we'll see this thread again some time as well.
  21. I agree. With the first three words.
  22. It's all very well talking about new strikers but my first hope is that the alleged Pardew interest doesn't unsettle Rickie, as his form headed south after he was linked with other ("bigger") clubs last time - perhaps coincidentally, perhaps not. After all, he's got to look at Newcastle's lack of depth at striker and fancy his chances of cracking the line up of a top eight Premiership team in a football hotbed. Sure, we can insist he stays but if his head is turned by the interest that would be really bad news and it could completely change our approach when the window opens.
  23. There's always the chance that he doesn't have any more money to buy and pay players so his next best bet is to deliberately screw things up for clubs who do - mainly us. Hence the long short list. Even the whisper of some West Ham interest would jack-up a player's price, wouldn't it? The more I see of Sam and his god-awful 'football' the more I hope that the formerly-likeable West Ham hit the rocks.
  24. I hope that Taricco plays because he's no longer very good, has no control of his temper, and would carry a grudge into the game. Another Red waiting to happen.
×
×
  • Create New...