Pes 2011

saintsforlife7

Actually I quite like Rob.

PS I haven't read the rant, too many asterisks to take it seriously. I did see the bit about "not slating PES" - that's because I haven't played it so I'm in no position to comment. I can happily tell you lots of things that are wrong with FIFA11 though.

Edited by The9

Bored of Fifa already Baj, or just wondering if PES is better? The more I play it the more I get into it; it is def. the best one for ages. it's not perfect, and there are some annoying things that you sort of think, "Why the hell did they make this worse... or not sort this, that" etc, but overall it's good.

http://www.next-gen.biz/features/pro-evolution-soccer-2011-review

"Player movement doesn’t look or feel natural and - going back to that ball-through-chest miracle - the ball itself doesn’t feel like an independent object set loose in open space; rather, an animated sphere that's slave to scripted movement. It feels like a clockwork approximation of football, lacking the grace, variety and scope of FIFA"

http://www.orange.co.uk/games/20092.htm

" The ball has an odd floaty mechanic, passing feels rigid and player control unrealistic. Shooting is forgiving, allowing you to score visually impressive goals with minimal skill. Dribbling is easy too because the ball seems to stick to the player rather than be its own entity"

http://www.incgamers.com/Reviews/1095/pro-evolution-soccer-2011-review

"The main problem is still the robotic nature of the gameplay. Player movement remains clunky and lacking any fluidity, gameplay still revolves around consistently working your way into certain areas and the ball continues to feel as though it’s magnetically fused to your boot while dribbling. The outcome is that it never feels organic, never managing to capture the essence or unpredictability of the beautiful game."

etc etc

Guess they all have an agenda too right?

The reason I hadn’t commented in here since its release was because there was no need to. But you said my name like I have an agenda so it is time to bury you once and for all as I am tired of your snide remarks. You *****ed on the fifa thread about shirt numbers being wrong or having the wrong colour number etc. PES11 has not only last year’s kits in it but has months and month’s out of date squads. Where is the criticism for that hey? Oh right yeah I forgot, that is only for fifa....And when the update does come out it erases all your custom kits and still doesn't work properly on English consoles, where is the criticism of that? Oh right that is only for fifa.

You love to design stuff in the game. You *****ed that some of the fifa models were bad. But if you play the PES11 your see that they models are fecking atrocious. The animations that go with them are just as bad. But where is the criticism for this on here? Oh right yeah that is for fifa. You *****ed on the other thread about the creation centre. But fifa's creation centre isn't designed to be used by pro's, it is designed to be used by everyone, it is pick up and simple, it doesn't have a billion options as you don't need to create any teams crests/shirts as they are in the game already...you ***** that the keepers shirts are not 100% right, but they are not even in PES11....where is the criticism for that? Oh right yeah that’s for fifa. You *****ed about fifa's servers saying "FIFA's servers die a hideous death as usual " but when PES11 released the servers were fooked and had massive lag, where is the criticism for that? Oh right yeah that’s just for fifa. You *****ed about the previous versions of fifa saying "FIFA08 with its backwards diving headers and crummy AI, or ANY of the utterly laughable button-bashing iterations between FIFA99 including FIFA07" but where are the criticisms for the previous PES' that even the die hard PES fans will say were awful? Where are the criticisms for them? Oh right it's just for fifa. Then soon as game is released you post constant posts saying "Have to say I'm pretty bored of it already", then "not impressed personally" then one of my favs "same story about players being basically interchangeable, within the parameters of trick levels". Where is the criticism for PES11 having copied the same trick system and simplifying it by making you able to pre-program 4 tricks so all you have to do is press one button and your pull off a snazy trick that on fifa actually requires a bit more then pressing one button? Oh right yeah that is just for fifa.

I can go on and on. Anyone who reads what I have said over the past few years knows I don't normally retaliate, I don’t make it personal.. I let the insults go. But this time you know what, **** it. I have had enough of you little girls *****ing about everything and then throwing in sly little remarks. The truth is you ****s jerk off over PES and any bit of criticism goes against it and you go into attack mode. You can't handle the fact people now think the game sucks. Which it does. The reviews suck, it got lower scores then last year’s game, the sales suck. The game is a joke and if you honestly think that PES11 is a better representation of football then I feel bad for you.

You say I have an agenda but you gimps do the same thing I do. You criticise one game and praise another. The difference between us is when one of you guy's slags off fifa I don't come in saying you have an agenda, I don't criticise or insult you for it. But when I say something negative in you come trying to be all defensive and throwing out the snide insults. And you say I have an agenda?!

It is just a game...If you like PES then great, if you like Fifa then great. But if you want to insult me then say it to my face. Especially when you accuse me of something that you do far worse.

Alright calm down! It's just PES2011! I never realised it meant that much to you.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now for the first few things. It's quite conceivable that there are two very good games on the market in terms of football, which one is for you depends on what you want from a video game. I'll admit I'm a PES diehard fan and have been playing the series ever since it's carnation on the PS1 so what I'm going to say will have a bias of course.

What PES2011 ISN'T - Easy to pick up, Easy to master, - Instantly gratifying - Licensed and nicely polished - Lots and lots of leagues with our beloved Southampton for instance - Lots of stadiums - Good audio & commentary!

But however the other game does have that in abundance and if you were to play a game for 10 minutes, most people would settle that Fifa is the better game and has the much better & realistic looking animations and the graphics this year are better.

But scratch beneath the surface and what PES2011 is a game that is worth putting the time, the effort and the hard work to master, because the more you play the more you learn with each game, and sometimes the AI and football can be simply breathtaking. No two games are ever the same and the AI, especially on top player is unique and different each time and varied with the tactics. The tactical options and different ways to play the game, counter-attack, long ball, wing play, possesion play, pass and move? the world is your oyster in this regard in PES. The player individuality when it comes to different players stats and traits coming into play for me is absolutely awesome, when you pick up that ball with Messi you FEEL like you are Messi, when the likes of Scholes is passing the ball around midfield and controlling the play. The amazing last ditch tackles of Pique, the genius of Cesc Fabregas, the determination of Steven Gerrard. I could go on and on and on and on.

The deep and challenging become a legend mode and Master league mode will always have more depth than the career mode in Fifa, the way I see it is, Fifa offers a great kick about, and with mates is great fun, but for the single player and online experience, the lag free master league online for me so far is absolutely awesome.

Marco, you might not like PES, but your constant rantings about how it's a joke of a game etc are bordering on a bit crazy, it's like you're determined you don't want anyone to enjoy PES, to buy it or otherwise. Bringing up some negative reviews is all well and good but were those reviews in depth? did the reviewer from Orange really give PES more than a couple of hours game time? Many people who are trying to play the game on here are enjoying it, so let them! you might not like it, but that shouldn't detract from trying to constantly dig at the game constantly.

For longetivity after the thrills and Fifa thrills wears off on some people, a few will give this game a go and like it. It's great for us consumers that we have the choice between these two games, and it's great they're both looking to outdo each other constantly and this can only help the final quality of the future games. Many people will enjoy Fifa more and quite rightly it's an excellent game, but PES is also worth putting the time in and then it's as enjoyable if not more so.

Played them both now.

I used to be a PES diehard, nowadays i just want a decent football game to play with.

PES hasn't really been in the races since fifa09 IMO and last year FIFA10 really drove a nail in the PES coffin, this was pretty much when i decided to leave the PES franchise towards FIFA's and really really enjoyed it (having thought it is too easy before)

I really hoped PES would fight back this year, and it has, a little bit. It has moved on to the dire performance it had last year, but some of this is that FIFA11 has moved on, but not by a large amount.

I don't like the animation in PES, and i am not a great fan of the gameplay, it doesn't look as polished either. That said i have to admire the fact that the top difficulty level is actually challenging. FIFA has got harder but anyone that plays it a great deal will find EXPERT mode pretty easy to master, this is where FIFA needs to act. Online and against mates FIFA is far far superior but still i get bored playing the league mode as it is too simple.

My overall review - Two decent football sims this year, FIFA wins again but PES has closed the gap a little bit. If only FIFA added an extra difficulty level then there would be no contest.

No room for intelligent discussion on this thread any more Smirking_Saint - So, in line with certain responses - "Graaaaaahhhhh FURY RAGE toychuck how dare you say "polished" and "closed the gap" ? What have you got against Poland and GAP clothes, FFS" ?

Etc.

Oh, and as someone quoted "it", I did just read "it". Someone's touchy aren't they ? Nice to know I addressed all the criticisms with "I haven't played PES2011" though.

Only two outstanding points I saw worth addressing in The Rant though, and that's firstly that the reason no-one slates PES for not having accurate names, kits, etc. is because we all know it won't have and can't have, so it gets judged on what is legally possible for Konami to do - and they have an excellent editor which allows people to recreate everything they'd want to anyway. The plethora of available Option Files corrects that in a matter of minutes anyway.

The other thing is that there is no way FIFA's player models look better than PES', and you don't have to have played the game to know that, it's obvious from the screenshots and demo. And I've already said the PES animations aren't as good.

Edited by The9

One thing I'm slightly disappointed with in master league is having that I can't get a tiny budget with the likes of Castello etc in my team. I want to be able to struggle for ages then turn things around, which is what made Master League great! having to work hard to spend the money on a player who will make a huge difference to the team. Might have a go on it later.

One thing I'm slightly disappointed with in master league is having that I can't get a tiny budget with the likes of Castello etc in my team. I want to be able to struggle for ages then turn things around, which is what made Master League great! having to work hard to spend the money on a player who will make a huge difference to the team. Might have a go on it later.

You'll find that you might get one or two players (depending on who you start with) that should make a difference. But you'll notice the difference in quality between teams and your own tactics make the difference. I've managed to beat Wigan for example but just lost to Blackburn drew with Wolves and got battered by Manure. A very mixed bag which the results were as-so because of completely differing reasons. I think it's going to be a struggle for a while even with a larger bank balance.

Oh, while I'm on that point, you pay your fan club costs, coach, scout etc a month into the season. I had something like 30mil which turned out to be closer to 7 to spend and most players told me to FO anyway.

Got it recently, have to say, I am enjoying the single player Master League much much more than FIFA's single player equivalent.

The multiplayer is probably better on FIFA though.

seems to be the general consensus. Although, I'm having a PES night with the lads tomorrow, I'll report back.