Pes 2011

saintsforlife7

Game, obviously. It's not like we're lacking in investment or programming skills or need to pay bills and stuff in the meantime...

Oh wait.

Having said that, bags me Chief Exec, kit researcher and editor designer. I always end up managing Robsk's daft ideas anyway... *cough*FC Santos*cough*.

But is it the case on the Xbox360 as well ? I know it is on PS3, but that was the case 2 years ago, and Microsoft refused to allow a split option file or image copying so you couldn't get images into the game or import parts of Option Files. Also, because practically all the PES community has PS3s (I gave up waiting in 2006 and got my 360 instead) there's no-one hacking the Option Files to create 3rd Party importing/unencrypting apps like there used to be.

I dunno, 360's are ****, I got the more advanced PS3 so I couldn't care less if I'm honest. But there's a whole different argument there.

I dunno, 360's are ****, I got the more advanced PS3 so I couldn't care less if I'm honest. But there's a whole different argument there.

Yes, "more advanced". Yaaaaaaaaawn.

I've had a look for myself, and it seems it is possible to get all of the images you want into your X360 Option File via a combination of USB Memory stick and Option File editing PC software. So a massive great big faff then. On the bright side, I have all the hardware and software needed already.

On the down side, I no longer have the time nor the inclination to bother updating everything, even using existing OFs made by other people (I have an absolute need for everything to be 100% perfect and other people NEVER meet my standards on this kind of thing) so I probably just won't bother buying it.

It's true and you know it.

The ones that I have found are very good if not perfect so I wouldn't rule it out.

Meh, clearly my OF standards are higher than yours. :) I've seen people ranting and raving about how awesome some OFs are and then when I've got them, spent days just correcting the style and colours of the shirt and shorts numbering which have been inexplicably wrong, or overwriting completely the wrong away kit, or ones which just aren't as good as the ones I'd already done.

Pedantry is my thing. As is not settling when I can do something about it - so I'd rather just not get involved in the first place than settle for second rate. Same goes for the Football Manager series - I'd never put it down and never stop messing with it, so I just don't buy it.

Meh, clearly my OF standards are higher than yours. :) I've seen people ranting and raving about how awesome some OFs are and then when I've got them, spent days just correcting the style and colours of the shirt and shorts numbering which have been inexplicably wrong, or overwriting completely the wrong away kit, or ones which just aren't as good as the ones I'd already done.

Pedantry is my thing. As is not settling when I can do something about it - so I'd rather just not get involved in the first place than settle for second rate. Same goes for the Football Manager series - I'd never put it down and never stop messing with it, so I just don't buy it.

You might want to go and get yourself medicated.

Reviews coming in

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-01-pro-evolution-soccer-2011-review

http://www.next-gen.biz/features/pro-evolution-soccer-2011-review EDGE gave it a 6, brutal.

Also reading the other reviews it is said that they haven't updated the rosters from the last transfer window. I am sure you guy's will praise Konami for that as you can update them yourselves now :)

Edited by St Marco

IGN gives 9.0

"There are few games in the world that have the lasting appeal of a top-notch football title, and PES 2011 definitely qualifies as one of those."

They gave FIFA 9.5, so instead of being fanboys, why not just say both have their strengths and we are probably spoiled for choice once more. For the first time since FIFA came to the fore, both are great games.

As pointed out before mate IGN are partners of Konami. They are even in Pro Evo as sponsors in various places (i.e the advertising boards) IGN US have a loooong history of giving good reviews to Konami games especially the PES series. I think if i remember right off the top of my head they gave PES 2008 a 90% score or something around that mark when it got about 70% metascore and was savaged. With the football games with IGN the only ones you can really trust are IGN UK. They haven't reviewed PES yet but gave Fifa a 9.5. The US IGN gave Fifa an 8.3 score i think and PES 11 a 9.0. Which was to be expected as they pay Konami to be in the game so will hardly slag their partners off.

As for the updates that is of course very true. But as mentioned above you can always do them yourself can't you in PES?

See? You so, so, so have an agenda. You say you don't, but you genuinely seem to revel in FIFA getting better scores and so on. i know you're going to say something back about working in the undustry, or just wanting the best game, or being the little guy who doesn't like companies treating consumers badly by trotting out bad games - but you honestly don't come across as impartial at all.

Not at all. I have no agenda. I just find it so funny that people such as yourself are so die hard to a product that you can't even see when your being ripped off year after year. And when you are being ripped off your defend it to the hilt. That is dedication for you. Every year i actually hope Konami sort it out, i know you don't believe that but i really do. I read their little previews about how awesome it will be and how they listened to the fans this time around. But then it get's to release day and you get a half assed product with less features, few licenses and a **** load of broken promises. It is like deja vu day every time a PES game is released. I think any true football fan can admit that back in the day fifa was the better game, then ISS came out and was far superiour, when it changed to PES up until PES5 that was the best football games and the Fifa's around that period were just ****, worse then **** tbh. But now it is the other way around. I just don't see how any true football fan can think otherwise right now. Oneday PES will return to being the best football game. It's just not this year.

Pro Evolution Soccer is just so much more fun to play, whatever installment. I guarantee more gamers have fonder memories of playing the old Pro games than they do with the new Fifa. The last console game I bought was Pro 6 and that, for me, was the pinnacle in footy games. I don't play games anymore and, when I do, it's with mates who now all have Fifa. It's just not the same. Fifa doesn't replicate the fun, tension and joy Pro did, even if it's a million times better as a game.

Nah your a die hard fan, anyone can see that Rob. You get "twitchy" when anything negative is said about it which is a clear sign of it :)

The thing is i probably sound like i am being too harsh on it and i probably am. I have not played PES11 yet, (other then the demo) i will give it a go. I might be surprised. But based on the reviews it is the same old same old. In a way the fifa reviews are exactly the same. It should of been like a dlc update rather then a full price title.

It's genuinely a bit different this year, and I'm only a die-hard in that there's never been a decent PC Fifa offering which is how I play, and I have no real idea about this years FIFA. I'd try it again, because the recent console quick games I've had have been OK. I have always liked the 'feel' of PES more, even in the rubbish years, but it's not out of some loyalty. I just think people, incl. you, slate PES. It's never been a terrible game, just some weaker efforts. The core needs updating further, but it's been a decent enough game for years - and Fifa simply wasn't for a long time, and again, may still not be for PC.

Here is a video of leaked gameplay of the actual game. Not one that has been cut up by Konami to make it look good.

Now the game is not complete, until you get a complete one can't make any judgements. But hopefully Konami can work on the AI as that looked pretty bad.

Re-read this post, then read some of your posts on the FIFA 11 thread. See where we get our ideas from? I have no idea why you'd have an agenda, but it really does seem like you do have one.

I think it's pretty good. Not perfect in a lot of ways, but decent. One thing that annoys me a bit (and I know it's because they are trying to stop blatant imbalance) is that top end speed harldy means anything. It's fractional for most players, but a game should be like that - if you get someone away with real pace - Walcott etc - they shouldn't be caught. It's not quite elastic band stuff, but it's a bit bothersome to have Defoe caught by some lumbering CB, for example. He can accelerate quicker and do people with a burst, which works well, but top end should matter more.

I'm really enjoying this new version. It's a lot slower, but I like that. In previous versions, pace was everything and some games were a bit kick and rush at times. Now I feel that you need to create opportunities a bit more and earn your goals. Definitely not perfect, but it's a step in the right direction.

It's just really fun to play (which is kinda the point)

I'm really enjoying this one it's very challenging.

I've played 8 games and managed to draw 2. I thought that I'd start a W/C with England last night, got drawn with Iraq and thought to myself 'aha! first win coming up!' I lost 3-1.

It's going to take some getting used to but the balance in play is amazing. I like that players aren't ridiculously quick on the ball like they have been in previous issues and turning direction can mean that you lose control of the ball.

BTW I went straight in at 'Top Player'.

The9 have you created FC Santos yet?

Only on FIFA11 - you can download them if you want a team of 55-65 rated players that by definition will get pwned by every other created side due to all the 99 players out there.

Of course, if someone wants to buy me a PS3 and PES2011 I'll happily create them and their mates and a photorealistic kit, badge, league of generic drones for them to play against, etc. But for now, too skint to buy another football game so soon, and too much faffing to do the editing on the 360.

I like that players aren't ridiculously quick on the ball like they have been in previous issues and turning direction can mean that you lose control of the ball.

BTW I went straight in at 'Top Player'.

LOLz given that Marco swore blind that it felt like the ball was attached to your foot and PES was arcadey... spot the agenda ! :D

But it does stick to your feet....You can't lose the ball. I had the game and took it back to HMV yesterday as they were giving £30 trade in.

If you have played the game you know you can't lose the ball. If i am wrong make a video and proove me wrong.

Most professional footballers can run with the ball at their feet quite consistently, Marco. Maybe you never play or have never seen a match, but even I can run with the ball a little bit. It's very rare to see a player just run and then lose the ball unopposed unless doing a silly trick; the same applies in PES and I don't see an issue with that.

LOLz given that Marco swore blind that it felt like the ball was attached to your foot and PES was arcadey... spot the agenda ! :D

http://www.next-gen.biz/features/pro-evolution-soccer-2011-review

"Player movement doesn’t look or feel natural and - going back to that ball-through-chest miracle - the ball itself doesn’t feel like an independent object set loose in open space; rather, an animated sphere that's slave to scripted movement. It feels like a clockwork approximation of football, lacking the grace, variety and scope of FIFA"

http://www.orange.co.uk/games/20092.htm

" The ball has an odd floaty mechanic, passing feels rigid and player control unrealistic. Shooting is forgiving, allowing you to score visually impressive goals with minimal skill. Dribbling is easy too because the ball seems to stick to the player rather than be its own entity"

http://www.incgamers.com/Reviews/1095/pro-evolution-soccer-2011-review

"The main problem is still the robotic nature of the gameplay. Player movement remains clunky and lacking any fluidity, gameplay still revolves around consistently working your way into certain areas and the ball continues to feel as though it’s magnetically fused to your boot while dribbling. The outcome is that it never feels organic, never managing to capture the essence or unpredictability of the beautiful game."

etc etc

Guess they all have an agenda too right?

The reason I hadn’t commented in here since its release was because there was no need to. But you said my name like I have an agenda so it is time to bury you once and for all as I am tired of your snide remarks. You *****ed on the fifa thread about shirt numbers being wrong or having the wrong colour number etc. PES11 has not only last year’s kits in it but has months and month’s out of date squads. Where is the criticism for that hey? Oh right yeah I forgot, that is only for fifa....And when the update does come out it erases all your custom kits and still doesn't work properly on English consoles, where is the criticism of that? Oh right that is only for fifa.

You love to design stuff in the game. You *****ed that some of the fifa models were bad. But if you play the PES11 your see that they models are fecking atrocious. The animations that go with them are just as bad. But where is the criticism for this on here? Oh right yeah that is for fifa. You *****ed on the other thread about the creation centre. But fifa's creation centre isn't designed to be used by pro's, it is designed to be used by everyone, it is pick up and simple, it doesn't have a billion options as you don't need to create any teams crests/shirts as they are in the game already...you ***** that the keepers shirts are not 100% right, but they are not even in PES11....where is the criticism for that? Oh right yeah that’s for fifa. You *****ed about fifa's servers saying "FIFA's servers die a hideous death as usual " but when PES11 released the servers were fooked and had massive lag, where is the criticism for that? Oh right yeah that’s just for fifa. You *****ed about the previous versions of fifa saying "FIFA08 with its backwards diving headers and crummy AI, or ANY of the utterly laughable button-bashing iterations between FIFA99 including FIFA07" but where are the criticisms for the previous PES' that even the die hard PES fans will say were awful? Where are the criticisms for them? Oh right it's just for fifa. Then soon as game is released you post constant posts saying "Have to say I'm pretty bored of it already", then "not impressed personally" then one of my favs "same story about players being basically interchangeable, within the parameters of trick levels". Where is the criticism for PES11 having copied the same trick system and simplifying it by making you able to pre-program 4 tricks so all you have to do is press one button and your pull off a snazy trick that on fifa actually requires a bit more then pressing one button? Oh right yeah that is just for fifa.

I can go on and on. Anyone who reads what I have said over the past few years knows I don't normally retaliate, I don’t make it personal.. I let the insults go. But this time you know what, **** it. I have had enough of you little girls *****ing about everything and then throwing in sly little remarks. The truth is you ****s jerk off over PES and any bit of criticism goes against it and you go into attack mode. You can't handle the fact people now think the game sucks. Which it does. The reviews suck, it got lower scores then last year’s game, the sales suck. The game is a joke and if you honestly think that PES11 is a better representation of football then I feel bad for you.

You say I have an agenda but you gimps do the same thing I do. You criticise one game and praise another. The difference between us is when one of you guy's slags off fifa I don't come in saying you have an agenda, I don't criticise or insult you for it. But when I say something negative in you come trying to be all defensive and throwing out the snide insults. And you say I have an agenda?!

It is just a game...If you like PES then great, if you like Fifa then great. But if you want to insult me then say it to my face. Especially when you accuse me of something that you do far worse.

**** me lol you need to get out more. Is it normal for people to get this passionate a video game?.

Its not about a game it is about the constant *****ing. If you read pretty much every reply those guys say it has some snide remark in it aimed at me or an opinion of mine. It isn't just with me though they do it on all the sections of the forum. Rob in particular is one of the culprits of why the forum is dying on its ass. Read his post history. Very friendly.

Haha, brilliant. Utter genius. Nice use of the 'do it to my face' cr*p, I'd say that you are more the sort of person to blame for why this forum is stupid. I engage in normal conversation with you and a bit of what you'd probably term 'banter', and you get all sulky. Sorry for finding that funny in an adult. You have also made all sorts of grandiose claims at different times, but you never speak like an authority or with much trace of objectivity. Anyone can pull quotes from only certain sources and present it as evidence, for example.

Seriously. I haven't really played this years FIFA much, but I have made some fair observations from my point of view about recent iterations, and accept many of PES's failings. Above all, I really think people can play whatever. Both are decent games, clearly, and you go about saying PES sucks, which evidently it does not. The scores simply don't reflect a game that sucks. 60% is the worst score it has got, which is hardly a disaster, and if it averages around 80% then it doesn't take someone with even a maths GCSE to work out that it does not 'suck'.

Things like this show why your comments are often so utterly laughable. You don't say much of value, despite claiming to represent the industry and so on, and you fail to back anything you say up in any compelling or convincing way. Your arguments for a case sound - and are presented like - those in the daily mail, or in a year 7 debating class, using convenient, stupid or one sided evidence without ever offering anything to balance them. You clearly - clearly - have an agenda, which is fine, but you never admit it. you do what you accuse others of, by having a preferred one then w*nking on about it. Then, if challenged, even with entirely appropriate and well evidenced comment, you stamp your feet and cry off. Grow up. Seriously. you remind me of that gimp who played golf and then went mental because people laughed when he was acting like a wang. Are you one of these guys who was picked on at school, or one of those that never, ever was, and so simply don't know how to take a teensy bit of abuse? Man up.

What a total load of ********. I don't know how to take abuse? What are you 5? As i said i normally let you or the9 dish out the insult and i won't bite back. Go back over both threads and your see that. But not just those threads, any threads. Like your attack in your previous post "you don't play football or maybe have never seen a match". What was the purpose of saying that? None other then to insult me. You call that banter? You must have a whole load of friends if that is how you communicate with someone who shares a different view to you.

As for the psychological profiling, who are you Clarice Starling?

Listen to yourself. Just because i don't share your view must mean i don't have a maths GCSE, have no authority, am not objective, am from a year 7 debating class, i read the daily mail, sulk when i don't get my way, can't play golf, was picked on at school and say nothing of value? And you say i need to grow up?

I would dissect what you said but what is the point? You clearly have mental problems.

The forum isn't dying because people can't take insults Rob, it is dying because people like you can't engage in conversation without throwing your toys out your pram. If you can't win an argument or counter one you just go for the insult. People don't find that funny. If your an 18 year old virgin then maybe. As for the man up line that is quite ironic coming from you. You can say what you like about me but you come across as some snotty little ginger teen who probably jerks off all day to pictures on the internet. The question is what pictures are they, sheep or women?

I said 'maybe you never play football'. You see? Yet another weird, paranoid reaction and a convenient misquote to make you sounds hard done-by. Also, well quoted from my post. That's good work. i likened your actions to certain things, yes. Rightly so. And I wouldn't bother to dissect what I said, because to be honest (and this one IS an insult directed at you) you clearly lack the ability to do so and the intellect. Your attempts at insults are entirely laughable, too. You're just.. weird. You are the one who has thrown your toys out of the pram, and your counter is to accuse me of it? It doesn't make any sense. Accusing me of being 18, a virgin etc.. THOSE are the retarded, immature things to say. How has it ever been the case - find an example where I have 'lost an argument' and thrown my toys out of the pram. You schizoid little freak.

Ah, anyway Marco, I don't know you in reality, but you do seem like a bit of a highly strung chap and you seem to be sensitive. These are just games, let's remember that. it's fun having a verbal fight with you, but it's not really th responsible thing to do in some cases. So let's leave it there. You can have Fifa, I'll have PES and maybe try Fifa, and everyone will be happy.

See there you go again Rob. Attack attack attack! One word being different doesn't change the reasoning behind saying it. As let's behonest here, chances are i might have seen a game of football at some point in my life right? So me calling you out on that now makes me "weird,sensitive,schizoid little freak, paranoid, no intellect" etc...so adding those to the others that is a pretty long list of faults i have!

You are the one who *****es at what i say, not the other way round rob. I make a comment, you then reply to it normally with insults. 99% of the time it will be because of something i have said about PES in a negative way. Normally a valid way. You are the one who then insults me or throws in some total werid remark like "jizz in your pants"....and you say i am immature??

The reality is Rob you disagree with what i say, fair enough. But you can't handle the fact that my opinion differs from yours and rather then accept it you go for the insult. That is what you do. Everyone knows that is what you do. You don't just do it here you do it in nearly every post you make.

The difference between me and you Rob (other then our obvious ages) is that if i am going to bash someone i do it in real life. I don't sit behind a computer and call people names because quite frankly that is pretty sad. So you can call me all the things under the sun from the comfort of your computer chair. That makes you a real man!

But your right, it isn't the responsible thing, it is silly and pathetic. For that reason i will no longer comment about games as quite honestly i can't be arsed. If every thread is going to turn into a ***** fest then what is the point.