Swiss v Pinnacle - who's best?

Frank's cousin

LOL. Some of you are behaving like turkeys voting for Christmas, oblivious to the possibility that you could end up in an oven.
NSS it depends though, the frigging christmas doesnt ever seem to come and us turkeys been doing our uptmost to vote in vegetarians but all we are getting is hamfisted cooks who seem to be hellbent in spoiling the broth.

NSS it depends though, the frigging christmas doesnt ever seem to come and us turkeys been doing our uptmost to vote in vegetarians but all we are getting is hamfisted cooks who seem to be hellbent in spoiling the broth.

I am going to call you Delia from now on .... Jamie:rolleyes:

Hence the confusion. Were we 'taken in' by Pinnacle's association with MLT? Afterall is it any differnt from Wilde and Crouch bringing in names familiar to fans to increase acceptance of the new folk (Lawrie and MC) ? I am sure they ahve worked very hard to get a deal off the groud, but thi whole delay on teh -10 points which looked like clasisc stalling, then the misleading comments from TL about first it being a consortium, then a single invester worth hundreds of Millions (Wilde investors in teh wings anyone?) then Mr Fialka, now Mr Fialka threatening to pull out because of the Echo looking into his background, then is a consortium again.... and here is another thing - IF they knew the -10 points was going to be an issue, if they new that the money man was unlikely to be happy with the FL stance, why enter the period of exclusivity thus denying other bidders the chance, and risk the staff not being paid as they failed to complete? Is that teh actions of a group who care about the staff?

Finally MLT is without doubt an excdellent figurehead for any bid, his status with fans is unquestionable, but is he really qualified to be a chairman during what will still be very difficult and demanding financial times? Seems another populist rather than pragmatic decision. Surely MLT should sit on the board as a non exec?

I really wanted to believe, but too much just seems like what we have heard before and seen before. The contradictory nature of teh communicatios from TL as well have undermined the credibility of the bid IMHO.

Hence the confusion. Were we 'taken in' by Pinnacle's association with MLT? Afterall is it any differnt from Wilde and Crouch bringing in names familiar to fans to increase acceptance of the new folk (Lawrie and MC) ? I am sure they ahve worked very hard to get a deal off the groud, but thi whole delay on teh -10 points which looked like clasisc stalling, then the misleading comments from TL about first it being a consortium, then a single invester worth hundreds of Millions (Wilde investors in teh wings anyone?) then Mr Fialka, now Mr Fialka threatening to pull out because of the Echo looking into his background, then is a consortium again.... and here is another thing - IF they knew the -10 points was going to be an issue, if they new that the money man was unlikely to be happy with the FL stance, why enter the period of exclusivity thus denying other bidders the chance, and risk the staff not being paid as they failed to complete? Is that teh actions of a group who care about the staff?

UFinally MLT is without doubt an excdellent figurehead for any bid, his status with fans is unquestionable, but is he really qualified to be a chairman during what will still be very difficult and demanding financial times? Seems another populist rather than pragmatic decision. Surely MLT should sit on the board as a non exec?

I really wanted to believe, but too much just seems like what we have heard before and seen before. The contradictory nature of teh communicatios from TL as well have undermined the credibility of the bid IMHO.

Unfortunately I cannot disagree with anything you have said even if Pinnacle do finally buy the club I cannot see success being certain

Unfortunately I cannot disagree with anything you have said even if Pinnacle do finally buy the club I cannot see success being certain

My concern too John B, afterall the buying part should be the easy bit. Once you've got the keys to the front door and walk in and see just how much needs to be done then the serious management begins.

Is MLT better than the previous "Football" Chairman we had? Undoubtedly, yes. All the interviews I have seen is that consortium Fialka will sort the business side, leaving Matty to sort the football club. I'm happy with that.

Unfortunately, you cannot guarentee success, you can only place yourself as good as you possibly can.

My concern too John B, afterall the buying part should be the easy bit. Once you've got the keys to the front door and walk in and see just how much needs to be done then the serious management begins.

As I said yesterday nothing I heard from MF or ML during their recent interviews on SKY gave any impression on how they were going to take the club forward.

Their Plan was MLT would sort it out .

Is MLT better than the previous "Football" Chairman we had? Undoubtedly, yes. All the interviews I have seen is that consortium Fialka will sort the business side, leaving Matty to sort the football club. I'm happy with that.

Unfortunately, you cannot guarentee success, you can only place yourself as good as you possibly can.

I agree that MLT is/was a better footballer than LoweCrouch/Wilde but I have no idea of how he would be as a Football Chairman.

Edited by John B