Swiss v Pinnacle - who's best?

Frank's cousin

This is the frustration, not knowing who would best and the simple fact Fry wont care because its just about getting a deal signed to satisfy creditors... do we know details of aeither bid? NO. If its to be the swiss, surely they will need to complete today to avoid being beaten to the finish line by Pinnacle? Who are the Swiss, who is behind pinnacle? Do we know any facts and who would we preferbased on knowing nothing?

I just want someone to sign on the dotted line and get on with making decissons about the team. If Fry chooses to sell some of our better players surly the value of the club goes down and becomes less attractive to any buyers. If someone takes over today and decides to sell a few players then at least they made the decission and it will fall into there plan for the coming season.

im fed up with waiting for Tomorrow TBH

Their whole handling of the points deduction issue and the non-payment of the staff over what, on the face of it, was a lost cause, has made me very uncomfortable about Pinnacle's ability to run a football club and finance our way back to the CCC or higher.

Maybe Pinnacle were just playing a game of brinksmanship in the hope of getting the acquisition price down - which would mean more money to invest in the team. Maybe that was a good thing.

I don't know anything - but my instincts are warning me off Pinnacle.

So in my febrile imagination, the Swiss are coming across as clean, well-funded, clinical individuals who will march us back to the Premiership with typical Teutonic efficiency.

I know nothing - but I am rooting for the Swiss.

This is the frustration' date=' not knowing who would best and the simple fact Fry wont care because its just about getting a deal signed to satisfy creditors... do we know details of aeither bid? NO. If its to be the swiss, surely they will need to complete today to avoid being beaten to the finish line by Pinnacle? Who are the Swiss, who is behind pinnacle? [b']Do we know any facts and who would we preferbased on knowing nothing[/b]?

Ummm......No.

We are now in an any one but Lowe situation (not that I am or was a luvie) we are in desperation that we just want the club saved, we won't have a clue as to who is best till after the deal is done. Then we won't know for sure as the other group will be long gone into the sunset.

Pinnacle consists of an Irish chancer who's preferred method of working is to smarm away to the fans on a web message board and a money man who is a bloke in his 30s who still lives with his Mum and works at an estate agents.

I would hope the Swiss couldn't be worse than this.....

So in my febrile imagination, the Swiss are coming across as clean, well-funded, clinical individuals who will march us back to the Premiership with typical Teutonic efficiency.

And if they're the French or Italian flavour of Swiss?

I dont think i care anymore, thats the HONEST TRUTH..

I know what you mean. The trouble is I care passionately about the club that used to be Southamton FC; I care passionately about MLT and I really, really want the club to continue. Last week I felt that someone with money felt the same and good times were on their way back but now I have my hands over my eyes - I just can't watch it happening, a crash is coming, it looks like it may be fatal for the club I knew, and Matty is in the front seat.

Their whole handling of the points deduction issue and the non-payment of the staff over what, on the face of it, was a lost cause, has made me very uncomfortable about Pinnacle's ability to run a football club and finance our way back to the CCC or higher.

Maybe Pinnacle were just playing a game of brinksmanship in the hope of getting the acquisition price down - which would mean more money to invest in the team. Maybe that was a good thing.

I don't know anything - but my instincts are warning me off Pinnacle.

I know nothing - but I am rooting for the Swiss.

Correct.

While some were going all goey over Pinnacle for "standing up against the evil league (:rolleyes:)" and other such rot, the unfortunate admin/office/commercial/grounds staff had to defer their wages for at least a week while they ponced about over a course of action they could never, ever win.

But there are losers, and that's the staff forced to ring their mortgage companies last week because they didn't get their wages.

Way to go, Pinnacle legal masterminds.

So there is a tarnish there they need to work very hard to remove, very quickly.

I think at this stage Pinnacle are by far the better option. The Swiss have made several mistakes already, including:

* Using lawyers to conduct their affairs - this is unsupportive of our local community, there are literally dozens of small businesses on The Avenue and in London Road that could have benefitted from fronting their bid.

* Conducting their affairs in private - do we really want people in charge who don't spend half their day on the phone to The Echo or typing up responses to bulletin board users?

* They have not named a former player as Chairman or Chief Financial Officer. Again, this is really unsupportive and there are dozens of former players they could have used to win the fans over.

* They need a UK money man with a ridiculously uncommon surname so that we can easily check him out on the electoral roll - the prospect of secret Swiss bank accounts and privacy laws will not help them one bit.

I think at this stage Pinnacle are by far the better option. The Swiss have made several mistakes already, including:

* Using lawyers to conduct their affairs - this is unsupportive of our local community, there are literally dozens of small businesses on The Avenue and in London Road that could have benefitted from fronting their bid.

* Conducting their affairs in private - do we really want people in charge who don't spend half their day on the phone to The Echo or typing up responses to bulletin board users?

* They have not named a former player as Chairman or Chief Financial Officer. Again, this is really unsupportive and there are dozens of former players they could have used to win the fans over.

* They need a UK money man with a ridiculously uncommon surname so that we can easily check him out on the electoral roll - the prospect of secret Swiss bank accounts and privacy laws will not help them one bit.

Lol

No, these are the sort of people who should steer well clear of our club lol!!!!! Bloody Swiss and their professionalism!

Posted this on another thread probably more appropriate here as my views seem in better company.

For me the money or amount of it has become a side show along with the league discussions.

What has to underly any relationship for it to be a success, personal or business, is trust. I simply don't trust Pinnacle and in particular their reporting of how they intend to finance the deal. We have gone from several major backers to one very wealthy allegedly multi millionaire backer and now MLT advises us that Fialka is one of many providing the funding or words to that effect.

Had these changes been communicated in advance then fair enough, situations change and we can understand that but Pinnacle have started to give me the impression they are bungling through this and IMO have used the league discussions as a smokescreen or worse actually believed the right to appeal was key to their bid and an appeal they would win.

What worries me even more was MLT's recent comment about Fialka's financial status and how Fialka's personal details should not be MLT's concern - again at least words to that effect.

We then have Tony Lynam posting long winded messages on this forum that initially were welcome but have simply become repetitive babble without meaningful content and like a donkey I have been trying to eat the dangling carrot but to no avail and as a result have lost interest.

I don't have any inside track unlike many on this forum but for the reasons above and many more mentioned elsewhere on this forum I don't have any faith, confidence or trust in Pinnacle and IMO I am hoping the Swiss come up with a better solution. From my position of ignorance to any aspects of the deal from the inside I personally don't think the Swiss will need to try to hard to win the bid provided they don't leave it to late. If Pinnacle conduct takeovers in this manner what are they going to do when they have control of the club?

Jonah, I turned cold reading your first sentence. Thank god for satire!

If you say anything about negative Pinnacle the Ginge throws his toys out the pram

Point worth considering, no more Ginger baiting but at least TL and MLT can return to what they seem to do best - charity golf days. They can give Claus a 'toot' as they pass him doing his verge cleansing programme.

Name me a famous Swiss golfer, reason enough to ditch Pinnacle.

If the Swiss or, god forbid, Marc Jackson manage to sneak a deal, Pinnacle only have themselves to blame.

I hope they prove me wrong, complete the deal and go on to be hugely successful, but they've been guilty of some big errors of judgement already and they're not even in the hotseat yet![/QUOTE]

You must have a very very forgiving nature. 'big errors of judgement before they start' does not equate easily to 'I hope they prove me wrong and complete the deal' although hope will be a key word in the plan if they do succeed as you wish.

makes me laugh of these people on here judging (dismissing) the swiss / pinnacle and MJ without knowing anything of real substance. All we have on the pinnacle is what the echo has written, it wasnt that long ago everyone on here dismissed everything the echo wrote!

The best bid is whoever pays the funds to secure the club, get the FL League license signed, allow the staff and players to be paid and get a new manager installed before Fry starts winding up the club. Pinnacle/Swiss/MJ-Middle Eastern/Mystery 4th foreign backer? I don't really give a stuff (and I don't think any of us are in a position to) as long as somebody comes up with the cash to save the club, this week.

I know we know nothing (essentially) about each bid, other than Pinnacles £15m purchase price (that's right isn't it?), but Fry does know. What if the Swiss bid was £15.5m? Is he required to go with the highest bidder, or does he also go into further financial input into the club? ie, let's say the Swiss offer £15m, but another £15m over the next 5 years and Pinnacle offer £15m with another £10m over the next 5 years.

Basically, does Fry look at the whole package?

I know we know nothing (essentially) about each bid, other than Pinnacles £15m purchase price (that's right isn't it?), but Fry does know. What if the Swiss bid was £15.5m? Is he required to go with the highest bidder, or does he also go into further financial input into the club? ie, let's say the Swiss offer £15m, but another £15m over the next 5 years and Pinnacle offer £15m with another £10m over the next 5 years.

I don't think there is anything like that amount on the table now.

I love a good dose of sarcasm, especially when it hits home :)

We've no choice in the matter, whoever stumps up the money, signs the deal with the administrator and the Football League and then pays the staff wages will then own Southampton Football Club.

At that point, I can't help thinking that, whoever it is we as fans stop thinking about might haves, what ifs and whatever and think about supporting the club - because at least we'll have one.

what a useless thread, we know nothing about the Swiss people, so how can anyone give a considered opinion on them? We do know Pinnacle have MLT and we should be thankful for that and have the champagne on ice

Thats how I see it TBH - I cannot make an informed judgement without any information. There is a little on Pinnacle but absolutley bugger all on the Swiss (unless I've missed something that is).

Point worth considering, no more Ginger baiting but at least TL and MLT can return to what they seem to do best - charity golf days. They can give Claus a 'toot' as they pass him doing his verge cleansing programme.

Name me a famous Swiss golfer, reason enough to ditch Pinnacle.

Will you take the Swiss wife of a famous golfer??

As in Sir Nick?

Bump. Sorry, but does anyone know the answer to this?

From what I can glean from all the tit-bits, half truths and rumours flying around, this is how I see the two bids:

Pinnacle - bigger overall sum (£15 million rumoured) with a relatively small payment up front (£5 million) and then regular installments based on league position and some other factors.

Swiss bid - smaller overall bid (£10 million?) but as a one-off payment and then an unknown amount available for team development.

Mr Fry looks like he is holding on to the hope that Pinnacle finally come up with the funds as that would mean more for the creditors but the longer they hold out the more likely he is to take the Swiss groups cast-iron cert £10 million.

Anyone else see it like this?

As far as I'm aware the only responsibility of the Administrator is to maximise the return to the clubs creditors - that's legally binding . The longer term interests of SFC have nothing to do with it .