Lallana

hypochondriac

Yeh Wottons vision for the long pass is just awesome - would of thought one one the big boys will be in for him in January........ooowwwww should we cash in?

To be fair my friend, Wotton knows his limitations and I have yet to see him attempt and fail to hit a pass beyond 25m. If he looks up and finds someone in a red and white shirt with the ball, his work is done.

It's just not as effective at progressing the attack as Spiderman is when he looks us, spreads play and hits a 40 yarder that drops on Lallana's toe!!!

I would play Spiderman myself, but on Saturday Wotton did the job he was asked and did it well, fair play to him.

It was a complement because unpredictability is an asset in certain areas such as the opposing penalty area. One of his goals when he turned the defenders to finish in the opposite corner was brilliant.

Lallana is not playing wide left, he sometimes rather belatedly gets wide but more often than not he is in the old inside left position.

We will need to create down both sides, at the moment the left is dormant, whilst the right is effective, if we can get a wide left player opening things up then it will open more space for Lambert, Lallana and Waigo and give the midfielders more scope on passing and getting forward. If we only create from one side, that will soon get blocked off by opponents as we get worked out and the chances will dry up again.

I question the need for a sitting midfield player, Wide men supporting the fullback in defence with midfielders getting up and down may result in a few more goals conceded but will more than pay it's way with goals scored, and be a lot better to watch.

sounds like you want 4-4-2, which we tried and it enabled us to keep it tight but stifled us attacking wise. Pardew gambled on a more attacking formation and we have prospered. Lallana works best in a 4-3-3 formation (as you say starting out wide but with liscence to roam) and he and us have played our best stuff over the last two games.

We are playing the Chelsea formation and that works for them and has done for years. Wotton is our Makele (blimey) and Lallana is our Joe Cole - capable out wide but perhaps not his best position. I think it is worth sticking with this formation. I don't see anyone at the club that can play left midfield in a 4-4-2.