Championship manager dirt cheap

Thedelldays

PLaying CM10 at the moment. Seems okay to me. Besides, I don't think FM is always factually accurate anyway (ignoring the opinions side of the debate) - who was it

Does CM have all current Saints players? On the demo they had no real Saints youth players. The coaching staff all wrong and many other factual errors for Saints without even talking about opinion based data such as player attributes.

who had Saints down as rivals with Reading and Derby, after all? ;)

Both Reading and Derby were down as very minor non permanent rivals on FM. Nothing wrong with that imo.

Just won the league with saints, even with minus 10 points, no cheating, was bloody hard, made harder that i forgot to save it after a string of good results so had to do it all again, went down to the wire.

Now to next season, CCC, cortese will be pleased.

Oh, and MLG, i think the finances are a bit dodgy, still has us down as having a loan, but all staff and players are correct mate

Does CM have all current Saints players? On the demo they had no real Saints youth players. The coaching staff all wrong and many other factual errors for Saints without even talking about opinion based data such as player attributes.

Both Reading and Derby were down as very minor non permanent rivals on FM. Nothing wrong with that imo.

How can there be factual errors on player attributes when it is all opinion? AFAIK the youth players are there. I've only played it for about three hours so far, but I saw names I'm sure I recognised.

And yes, there was a lot wrong with Reading/Derby thing. If I remember correctly, it only got changed after the massive outpouring of disbelief on here - after all there is no 'temporary' setting for rivals in the game, is there? And IMO to crow about CM being inaccurate is a bit rich with episodes such as that in the memory.

I might buy FM, but I didn't bother with 09 as I had become fed up with the whole thing after nothing really in the way of noticeable advances since 2007.

I have to say, for £2.50, I'm more than happy with CM atm. My opinion might change the more I play it, but so far I've had no problems.

AFAIK the youth players are there. I've only played it for about three hours so far, but I saw names I'm sure I recognised.

None of the new youth players for this year are in there alot of the old ones have left aswell.

Some of them on this screenshot are made up players.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6876/87004600.jpg

Edited by Matthew Le God

Dude. Stop putting it down! When FM is released myself and I’m sure others are going to be HIGHLY critical of the mistakes it will certainly make like every other year…

MOST of those things you have just been posting were CORRECTED on RELEASE. The game was released with a patch which you download. Which is free, and takes less than 2 minutes. The majority of the things you have mentioned from your posts are things which are correct... If you haven’t downloaded the patch. Try it.

If you haven’t downloaded the patch. Try it.

I can't as they haven't bothered making a Mac version.

MOST of those things you have just been posting were CORRECTED on RELEASE. The game was released with a patch which you download. Which is free, and takes less than 2 minutes. The majority of the things you have mentioned from your posts are things which are correct...

The screenshots I posted show that the game was very incorrect for Southampton July 1st data so I have little confidence for any data patch.

I asked earlier in the thread for people to post screenshots of the patched version but nobody did.

Why don't you Mase, if you are so sure the data is corrected now?

First team

Reserves

Youth team

Backroom staff

Club info

Finance pages

Edited by Matthew Le God

FFS, do you have some sort of Holy war against CM series or something ??

Jesus

He can't bear the thought that another product might actually be half-decent. It's about time FM had competition, they've been resting on their laurels for far too long, relying on the goodwill of their dedicated fanbase to do their testing for them, releasing a product that simply doesn't work on launch day.

I love the irony of having a go at Eidos for CM requiring a patch to get data up-to-date - at least the game's playable on launch, unlike certain titles.

I couldn't even do a command-click (Mac equivalent of a right-click, if you weren't aware) in FM09 without it crashing!

played a bit on CM, but on my netbook so a bit slow (found a way to enhance the res, geek) not bad at all, quite like the format.

FM has bored me for a few years, pretty sure sales are high merely because of its name, a bit like Pro Evo in recent years. The fact it is glitchy as f*ck p1sses me off as well. Anyone would have thought Microsoft were behind it