Southend Away

Genk

Sarfend staion map:

sarfend.jpg

Footy ground circled.

All 5 stations listed can get you back to London if needs be, the bottom 3 via Fenchurch Street; top 2 go to Liverpool Street.

A127 9top) takes you back to the M25 Brentwood Junction; A13 takes you back to M25 Lakeside/Thurrock Junction.

Adventure Island, the Kursal etc are all down the sea front at teh bottom of the picture (for those making a day or 2 of it).

We are there all weekend - anyone know which pub will be best before and after the game?

Away fans guide says:

"After being closed for a while, the Golden Lion, that was previously popular with away fans has now re-opened. This pub is situated on the A127, just up from the car park entrance to the Main Stand. The nearby Spread Eagle pub is for home fans only, along with the Blue Boar that is a little further on up the road. A bit further away is the 'The Bell', a large Toby Carvery, which you pass on your way into Southend on the A127. David Wells informs me; 'There is the Bar Victoria Court, which is located further down the A127 from Roots Hall towards Southend. It is not a traditional football pub by any means but it is okay for pre-match pint'. The town centre is around a 20 minute walk away, where there are plenty of pubs including a Wetherspoons outlet (the Last Post on Clifftown Road). There are also a number of bars along the seafront, which can be quite nice on a a sunny Saturday afternoon. Any Walden adds; 'The Railway Tavern which is outside Prittlewell station is also used by away fans.'

We're staying at the Premier Inn at Thorpe Bay, which is the other side of town.

I finish work at 5.30pm in Soton on Friday. Whats the chances of me getting there on time? Sounds like none.

Bugger all mate, its over a 2 hour drive even if the roads are clear... sure you can't sneak out of work early ;)

Anyone know of a good place to park for Southend? also how long should I leave to get there? I don't want to be waiting around long before so getting there at 7ish would probably be ideal.

Was going to go on the train and spend the day up there but been really ill and had to spend the last 2 days in hospital so think it's probably best I drive up now. Still feel really rough but should hopefulyl be ok tomorrow.

Bugger all mate, its over a 2 hour drive even if the roads are clear... sure you can't sneak out of work early ;)

we `work to rule' so to speak (9-5.30) which is great as it prevents lots of long days for no extra money but crap if you want to sneak out early. Whoever moved the day is a tit.

I was defo not going until yesterday afternoon but then my brother pulled a Rabbit out of the hat & now I am. Not only has he sorted a ticket & train he even phoned her indoors & got me ground clearence what a top lad.

Couldnt sleep last night I am 41 & like a kid at christmas so excited about going to the ass end of nowhere to watch the mighty Saints get in lets have it see you there