Forza 3

St Marco

Probably my last post for 24hrs, as that's 3 now. But, yes sotonjoe, my thoughts exactly. I purcahsed a steering wheel a few months ago, so I could practice on Forza2, prior to Forza3 release. I wasn't great, but it gave me a good idea of what to expect, and by the time Forza3 was released, I'd got back to within a couple of seconds of my best track times. So, day 1 of forza3, I got onto the single player, quickly built up 50,000 cr and me and my mate spent 40,000 cr, buying and tuning a C class car. I bought an old MR2, he got a more modern Honda S2000. Both were upto the max PI for C class and we decided to find a lobby and see how we'd done. We spent a couple of hours trying to find one, and then racing in our own private matches, going back and having a re-think on how to join other racers. Eventually, after a couple of days, we figured that it couldn't be done, we were gutted!

So, I went to the Forza3 official site and found this (70 odd page thread, now 90 odd pages) http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/3093291.aspx

We couldn't believe the response to them removing this facility, for what seems no more than an executive decision. There have been a couple of official responses, but, largely, they've ignored the uproar and have stuck their fingers in their ears.

I for one am gutted that I am unable to race my B or C class cars against other like minded racers. They say, that through the popularity of lower class cars, the 'hoppers' will expand due to the will of the players. However, hoppers do not create themselves and if T10 do not recognise that these lower class cars are more desirable for your committed gamer to race, no new hoppers will be created.

Check out online and just see the volumes racing in A class. It FAR outweighs any other group of cars. I have built a couple of amazing A class cars, but still, I have to race them against guys that can't race. Every now and again, you get a good room, but it soon descends into a problem when someone starts ramming. There is a lack of audio communication and people are getting voted out of rooms for 'winning', and more are staying in for ramming.

T10 have got it wrong, they've absolutley ruined a brilliant on-line game. Yes the asthetics are pleasing, yes the racing sim is better, but it is a single player game now, that you then race occasionally with your mates. Sorry, but that's not good enough for me.

(apologies for the long post, as I said, last one for 24hrs!)

yeh.i found that thread too. Their response is, as you say, scandalous.

The whole thing smacks of them dumbing the game, but what gets me is the fact that they presumably could have offered a matchmaking system alongside the old fashioned custom search.

It's ridiculous that we now have a game spread across two dvds which needs to be installed to get acceptable load times, but we actually have less playability than its predecessor.

If popular opinion went in favour of going back to FM2 multiplayer wise, I'd be there like a shot. That's how disappointed I am at the moment.