Croatia v England

Nexstar

Guest Hacienda
Of all the things to moan about with Rooney you can never say he doesn't try. He tries too hard most of the time, running around all over the shop when he should just be holding his position.

I'd not argue with that.

he clearly cares....he has always maintained that it is and always will be his dream to be involved with england..

he is/has been one of, if not the biggest name/star on the planet...bigger player than anyone else for england for a generation and he does not moan when he gets dropped, happy to be part of the squad and take his place on the bench

the stick becks has had over the years, the way he got treated my mclaren and the fact he is not a starter anymore has not detered him from his love of the national team

others have quit but he wants to be there..

The day Becks quits the team will be a sad day

He is a proper Lenged IMO and one of the best pro's for kids to look up to considering the media that follows him every where he goes..

agree completely, looked delighted for theo as well. hopefully theo will push bentley onto the sidelines

I can't be arsed to read through this thread but what a night that was. Cracking atmosphere from both sets of fans. The nearer the game got the more hostile the Croats got in the city centre, it's what football should be about - hardly any women or kids, all lads on the lash. Our tram ride to the ground was slightly eventful to say the least...

As for the game, for me it's up there as being one of the best games I've ever attended as a football fan - only the Cup Semi Final and beating the Skates come above that. When the 3rd went in, our end went mental, I thought I was going to pass out I celebrated so hard.

The walk back from the ground into the city centre was a laugh, with bar loads of Croats chanting IRA songs - we kept our mouths shut and heads down and we were fine. I was in a group of about 30 all day and we were fine, though heard people in smaller groups were attacked. The only time we had any trouble was on the tram when our group got split.

All in all, what a week - a week long bender across Europe starting in Barca and taking in Austria, Slovenia, Croatia and Germany plus 6 points - role on Belarus and Germany.

I can't be arsed to read through this thread but what a night that was. Cracking atmosphere from both sets of fans. The nearer the game got the more hostile the Croats got in the city centre, it's what football should be about - hardly any women or kids, all lads on the lash. Our tram ride to the ground was slightly eventful to say the least...

As for the game, for me it's up there as being one of the best games I've ever attended as a football fan - only the Cup Semi Final and beating the Skates come above that. When the 3rd went in, our end went mental, I thought I was going to pass out I celebrated so hard.

The walk back from the ground into the city centre was a laugh, with bar loads of Croats chanting IRA songs - we kept our mouths shut and heads down and we were fine. I was in a group of about 30 all day and we were fine, though heard people in smaller groups were attacked. The only time we had any trouble was on the tram when our group got split.

All in all, what a week - a week long bender across Europe starting in Barca and taking in Austria, Slovenia, Croatia and Germany plus 6 points - role on Belarus and Germany.

I would love to follow england like that...how do you go about doing so...tickets, accoms, travel etc..

I would love to follow england like that...how do you go about doing so...tickets, accoms, travel etc..

In order to legally get tickets for England away games (i.e. from the FA and not from touts), you'll need to be a member of englandfans+, which costs about £70 for two years. In order to guarantee yourself tickets for games, you'll have to have built up loads of "caps" by going to previous games. If you're not guaranteed a ticket, you'll be in a ballot, although most games at the moment don't seem to be needing one due to the massive drop in demand in the last year or so.

Of course, you should be able to get tickets on the black market, but generally it's more hassle than it's worth, particularly with often-harsher punishments on the continent than in the UK for that sort of thing.

The best-value accommodation and flights are booked up months in advance. Basically as soon as you know when a game is taking place and in which city, you will need to have booked up within 12 hours of the announcement to get the best deal. Some companies run package deals, but a lot of those are the England equivalent of the Saints travel club.

Just join the Englandfans+, I was up to 25 caps but gave up after we failed to qualify for the euros and never renewed as I can't be arsed with it anymore. I would advise you to join though if you are serious, it costs a lot of money but if you get to see some good away games then it 'll be worth it. I had a few weeks in Portgual for Euro2004, great memories and planned to have a month for this summers but McClown ****ed that up. However, football changes and so does life and I can't prioritise football anymore. You'll definitely get tickets for the home friendly games and probably for some of the qualifiers. Just build them up bit by bit and then you'll have enough caps to get tickets for the away games, which are usually difficult. Accommodation and flights I booked over the net and didnt go with the official packages that they offer as they are a rip off. You can get flights for next to nothing if you're prepared to country hop a bit and have the time free to **** about with that.

As stated above - join EnglandFans +. If you were to do it now, you could still probably get a ticket for Belarus (though would cost a bomb in getting there now) and Germany.

There are rumours doing the rounds of either Belgium or Italy away in Feb as well.