F1 2010 Drivers Thread

Arizona

Heikki is no world beater, but he is a decent enough driver for a team like Lotus. I imagine the experience him and Jarno bring to the side could prove invaluable.

USF1 on the other hand... Nothing but a bunch of far fetched, 6 month old rumours about Villeneurve, Patrick and Montoya.

What about Renault? I guess it depends on the outcome of this buyout, as there are press rumours of a drive for Ho Pin Tung if the expected new owners are indeed the new owners. There are also a couple of "quotes" around the 'net suggesting we've narrowed it down to Heidfeld and Kobayashi but I don't know if any of those names are truly linked at all. Everything seems to be in limbo.

I'd heard the kk rumour, not nh though. Tbh I think Nick will end up at Sauber or merc. Just based on a hunch and history though. Hope KK gets a drive. Ponty F1 or Sauber would be great. Imagine he would bring some kind of sponsorship if Panasonic are looking for a new team.

Btw, if NH and Schumi get onto the grid that's 7 German drivers.

• 4 weeks later...
Where does that leave Heidfeld then?

Campos, USF1 or Renault... He might have to drop his salary expectations somewhat, to avoid a season as a 3rd driver or worse...

I'd expect him to end up at Renault, but I wont lose all that much sleep if he isn't on the grid next season. Not as good as Kubica IMO.

But arguably better than 9 or 10 who have got seats for next year...

So was Kimi. I guess it's about what these guys are willing to take in terms of wages and a competitive car. I struggle to believe NH hasn't had offers, it appears he has just done a Kimi and put himself above the market.

Putting them in order just because I'm bored:

Hamilton

Alonso

Button

Vettel

Massa

Schumi (right now, not back in the day)

Kubica

Barrichello

Rosberg

Webber

Trulli

Glock

Kovalainen

Fisichella

Sutil

Kobayashi

Liuzzi

Buemi

Hulkenberg

Senna

Di Grassi

Alger.. Algua... Algae... The other Torro Rosso guy

De La Rosa.

I put the last two behind the rookies because they are definitely crap, whereas any of the new guys could be pretty good. Kimi would have been between Vettel and Massa, Heidfeld between Trulli and Glock.

So was Kimi. I guess it's about what these guys are willing to take in terms of wages and a competitive car. I struggle to believe NH hasn't had offers, it appears he has just done a Kimi and put himself above the market.

Putting them in order just because I'm bored:

Hamilton

Alonso

Button

Vettel

Massa

Kubica

Barrichello

Rosberg

Webber

Trulli

Glock

Kovalainen

Fisichella

Sutil

Kobayashi

Liuzzi

Buemi

Hulkenberg

Senna

Di Grassi

Alger.. Algua... Algae... The other Torro Rosso guy

De La Rosa.

I put the last two behind the rookies because they are definitely crap, whereas any of the new guys could be pretty good. Kimi would have been between Vettel and Massa, Heidfeld between Trulli and Glock.

I'd make a few changes:

Hamilton / Alonso

Massa

Vettel

Button

Webber

Kobayashi

Kubica

Barrichello

Rosberg

Trulli