MK Dons - JPT area final

Have you used that road (Swindon - Oxford) before?

I am getting a lift on Wednesday and was going to go M4 to the A34, but spotted that road and wondered if it was any good? Seeing as you are planning to use it you must feel that it is the superior route. What time are you leaving Taunton?

Not sure, I've never used it, but it is an A road so hopefully it'll be Ok.

http://www.distance-calculator.co.uk/distance-from-taunton-to-milton_keynes.htm

I'm going to leave Taunton in the morning and take my time as I want have a look round Bletchley. I lived there as a wee lad (56-63) and have never been back. I'll park somewhere in Bletchley and walk to the ground.

As for the drive back, I'll see what the roads are like as more snow is forecast. I'll take the sleeping bag and kip in the van if needs be and then drive home on Thursday morning.

Not sure, I've never used it, but it is an A road so hopefully it'll be Ok.

http://www.distance-calculator.co.uk/distance-from-taunton-to-milton_keynes.htm

I'm going to leave Taunton in the morning and take my time as I want have a look round Bletchley. I lived there as a wee lad (56-63) and have never been back. I'll park somewhere in Bletchley and walk to the ground.

As for the drive back, I'll see what the roads are like as more snow is forecast. I'll take the sleeping bag and kip in the van if needs be and then drive home on Thursday morning.

Might go for it then. If I put in to go between Swindon and Oxford it tells me to use that road, but Bath to MK says to go M4-A34. Odd.

If weather is bad will come back on the major roads. Don't think we should get any in SW though, it will be getting out of MK that will be iffy.

Might go for it then. If I put in to go between Swindon and Oxford it tells me to use that road, but Bath to MK says to go M4-A34. Odd.

If weather is bad will come back on the major roads. Don't think we should get any in SW though, it will be getting out of MK that will be iffy.

I'm that sad that I've just 'flown' the route on Google Earth and it looks ok - odd dual carriageway bits either side of Oxford and Buckingham etc.

Don't know if it helps, but I lived for many years in Buckingham. Without any doubt the best route from the West Country is A420 Swindon - Oxford then Buckingham - MK.

And from Southampton it's A34 to Oxford then Buckingham - MK.

I've done both many, many times.

HTH

Don't know if it helps, but I lived for many years in Buckingham. Without any doubt the best route from the West Country is A420 Swindon - Oxford then Buckingham - MK.

And from Southampton it's A34 to Oxford then Buckingham - MK.

I've done both many, many times.

HTH

Many thanks - sounds like a plan then!

I can tick off another new road travelled on in my Ian Allan Roadspotter's book!!

I would not be surprised if the match official decides to delay kick off on Wednesday. With almost 3,00 tickets sold already and I know of people who are umming and ahging about geting tickets on the day, there is going to be one hell of a Red and White convoy on the A34.

I was initially all in favour of the 7PM KO, but am starting t think that it is a bit mad.

Will Markus be there? It would be his first semi.

I have just put the phone down to MK dons ticket office.

There are plenty of tickets available on the night in the Southampton end, but she advised me to bring cash.

The prices are £18.00 and there is no problem of getting a ticket.

Edited by Dog
Worth Bolding

I would not be surprised if the match official decides to delay kick off on Wednesday. With almost 3,00 tickets sold already and I know of people who are umming and ahging about geting tickets on the day, there is going to be one hell of a Red and White convoy on the A34.

I was initially all in favour of the 7PM KO, but am starting t think that it is a bit mad.

Will Markus be there? It would be his first semi.

I'm sure his wife will argue that.

I'm that sad that I've just 'flown' the route on Google Earth and it looks ok - odd dual carriageway bits either side of Oxford and Buckingham etc.

Turned out to be a decent road. Probably got in the car in Fenny Stratford at half 9, and was back home around half 11. Happy with that.

Would highly recommend the A420 as a road.

Turned out to be a decent road. Probably got in the car in Fenny Stratford at half 9, and was back home around half 11. Happy with that.

Would highly recommend the A420 as a road.

Just got back. I wimped out after looking at the weather forecast and made a last minute decision to go by train. I couldn't get a hotel that late in MK or Bletchley but managed to book a cheap hotel room in Brum so went for it.

So I get to MK and there's not a snowflake to be seen!! Sod's law.

Still, had a relaxed breakfast in the superbly Art Deco restored GWR Moor Street Station Cafe, followed by a cultural morning in the Birmingham Art Gallery. Got home just in time to sit down and watch the whole match again on Sky.