Would 4-4-2 be Better?

Arizona

Have only seen the Blackpool game this season, so I can't really say whether our current system is the right one, but might going back to 4-4-2 be a better idea? I was thinking along the lines of:

Davis

Gillett Cork Perry Mills

Lallana Morgan Surman Skacel

John Pekhart

Forts? I reckon it would get more out of some of our players, specifically Surman, Skacel, Gillett and John.

I would like to see us go back to 4-4-2 as well if only to get another striker in the box when chances come in. Too many times have we seen the one man up front isolated and easily closed down. With John collecting the balls and laying off to either Pekhart or McGoldrick i think we will be alot more potent and this in turn will take the pressure off our already massively overworked defence. It wouldnt be admitting defeat to go back to 4-4-2 and we can still play 'pretty' short passing football. I just believe that a traditional formation will calm down our young players so they focus on the football and not worry about where they should be covering, etc.

My team for Saturday would be:

Davis

Cork, Perry, Svensson, Mills

Thomson, Lallana, Schniederlin, Surman

John, Pekhart

Have only seen the Blackpool game this season, so I can't really say whether our current system is the right one, but might going back to 4-4-2 be a better idea? I was thinking along the lines of:

Davis

Gillett Cork Perry Mills

Lallana Morgan Surman Skacel

John Pekhart

Forts? I reckon it would get more out of some of our players, specifically Surman, Skacel, Gillett and John.

I'm not sure that Skacel (for whatever reason) plays any part in Jan's plans

at the moment,otherwise he'd have been at least on the bench yesterday. It's a mystery, he should be playing but he ain't-why? who the fook knows,attitude,money,doesn't want to, does want to but no-one else wants him to? take your pick.

Problem Jan appears to have is we are not physically strong enough at the back , so we employ a system to pack midfield to offer additional cover.

Problem is in the CCC teams often bypass midfield and still get at back 4.

We might as well play 4-4-2 and get some pressure at the other end of the pitch , attack is the best form of defence

I am be no means an expert in formations and tactics but think sometimes too much can be put down to whether the formation worked and often its more about whether players managed to control the ball and not misplace passes.

I think the positioning of Lallana causes problems for teams as no-one picks him up.

I still agree with many on here in that Surman is not the answer at LB.

Would not be surprised if team on Saturday is 4 4 2.

I aint going to be 442 saturday. JP will only go 442 when we need to chase the game.

For Saturday I would be going for

------------------Davis--------------------------------

Cork Svennson Perry a left back?

lalllana Wotton scnhederlin surman

Peckhart John

bench

bialkowski

James

gillet

Mcgoldrick

bwp

Edited by chivvy1664

I would like to see us go back to 4-4-2 as well if only to get another striker in the box when chances come in. Too many times have we seen the one man up front isolated and easily closed down. With John collecting the balls and laying off to either Pekhart or McGoldrick i think we will be alot more potent and this in turn will take the pressure off our already massively overworked defence. It wouldnt be admitting defeat to go back to 4-4-2 and we can still play 'pretty' short passing football. I just believe that a traditional formation will calm down our young players so they focus on the football and not worry about where they should be covering, etc.

My team for Saturday would be:

Davis

Cork, Perry, Svensson, Mills

Thomson, Lallana, Schniederlin, Surman

John, Pekhart

Like the look of that, my first thoughts were to have Lallana up front with Pekhart with Wotton along side Morgan.

I have to say giving Lallana a free role enables him to shine but unless he dominates the game from that position we effectively are a man down. If we are going to continue with this formation lets play Lallana on the left, Peckard or whoever in the middle and Dyer on the right. That will enable us to play Gillett, Schneiderlin and Surman in the middle.

If we are going to stick as we are then:

Davis

Cork Perry Svensson Mills

Schnerlin Surman Gillett

Dyer Peckard Lallana

Edited by Chez