FA cup semi final Liv v Saints 86

Hatch

Did it show the whole match? my vague childhood memories of this match were Lawrenson and Hansen fouling Danny Wallace evey time he got the ball or attempted to go on a run. Not dirty fouls but being held back or nudged off the ball slightly, they were all over him that day.

I remember going to that game being absolutely convinced we would lose and the writing was really on the wall when Mark Wright broke his leg. I think we had one real chance to win it right at the end before extra time when Andy Townsend went on a long run of the pitch but shot off target.

Mind you I also remember being convinced we would beat Everton in the semi final 2 years earlier, when we had the best saints team I ever saw. It still hurts to think about that day at Highbury over 25 years ago.

Was too ******ed to remember much that day.

Did we nearly score at the end of normal time (Mark Dennis)? Can't remember

Did the game go into extra time?

Or am I dreaming?

Did we nearly score at the end of normal time (Mark Dennis)? Can't remember

Did the game go into extra time? Yes

Or am I dreaming? Could be

Got some tickets from a club official at the Dell in the morning, drove up and found ourselves in the players' wives box, sitting next to Mark Wright's Mum. When Wrighty broke his leg she went down at half time to see him, came back up and asked if anyone knew where the hospital was. Spurs didn't even offer to take her there!