Phone help!

SuperMikey

My phone of about 6 months has just died on me, and i'm looking into replacements. The 'thing' nowadays seems to be smartphones and I must admit that they seem pretty fun. I'm looking at a variety of smartphones, but the one that caught my eye was the HTC Tattoo Ink, which runs on Android and is compatible with the Spotify app, which hugely appeals to me as a music lover. Does anyone have a HTC Tattoo Ink or another phone which runs on Android who could give me a bit more info on how the phones run? If not, do you have a smartphone that you'd also highly recommend? I'm looking away from the norm of iPhones and Blackberrys, because they just seem a bit boring and not really worth the money that you pay for them.

My phone of about 6 months has just died on me, and i'm looking into replacements. The 'thing' nowadays seems to be smartphones and I must admit that they seem pretty fun. I'm looking at a variety of smartphones, but the one that caught my eye was the HTC Tattoo Ink, which runs on Android and is compatible with the Spotify app, which hugely appeals to me as a music lover. Does anyone have a HTC Tattoo Ink or another phone which runs on Android who could give me a bit more info on how the phones run? If not, do you have a smartphone that you'd also highly recommend? I'm looking away from the norm of iPhones and Blackberrys, because they just seem a bit boring and not really worth the money that you pay for them.

I notice you didnt say if you were buying the phone or would be contract?

I have no experience with any Android phone so cant help on that, however for something other than the bb/iphone can i suggest the mighty Nokia e72.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/NOKIA-E72/MONTHLY?portal=GOOGLE&promo=PPCPAYM&ppc=true

Really a very good phone, can do loads of stuff the blackberry can do, and has free email. Also, and I didnt know this before, has a spotify app its self.

http://conversations.nokia.com/2009/11/23/spotify-on-your-nokia/

Nokia N900,may choose to get this on upgrade tomorrow.

Has had some superb reviews v IPhone.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/NOKIA-N900/MONTHLY

A very good phone also, bit of a brick in the pocket if you don't mind me saying so. Would recommend going to a shop feeling this one for yourself first.

Edited by Red Alert
speeling maastakes and 6 commas in that little bit! Seems too many

It would be a contract phone, the tariff i'm looking at is free handset with unlimited texts and 100 minutes for £15 a month. Not bad really! 24 month contract though, so i'm tied to it for a while.

One thing - would you be charged normal data charges for using something like a Facebook app? Or are apps the exception to the rule?

It would be a contract phone, the tariff i'm looking at is free handset with unlimited texts and 100 minutes for £15 a month. Not bad really! 24 month contract though, so i'm tied to it for a while.

One thing - would you be charged normal data charges for using something like a Facebook app? Or are apps the exception to the rule?

Some companies (Vodafone i think) let you on some contracts. But if you were getting a smarthphone then I would suggest getting yourself a unlimited internet bolt on, o2 and t-mobile are £5 a month iirc. There is loads of things you will end up wanting to use the internet for. They might not be the biggest name around, but Virgin sent a flyer through my door the other day and they seem to have some really good contracts available, maybe check them out if you haven't already.

Found the HDC HD2 right up my street, thinking about putting an order in tonight. Would like a second opinion though:

http://www.htc.com/europe/product/hd2/specification.html

No Spotify app for Windows Mobile as of yet, but the word is that there will be one soon, so I don't mind waiting because this is a pretty good deal. The phone will be on a 24 month Virgin £30 Pay Monthly contract with 800 mins, Unlimited texts + Unlimited mobile internet, which seems good to me!

As I know nothing of that phone I will leave that to someone else, can I just say if you are getting a virgin contract from the internet go through a site like http://www.quidco.com/virgin-mobile/ first, will earn you £30 cashback, yes it takes a couple of months. In the last 12 months though I have earned £374.79 back from them just for stuf I would have bought anyway.