What does it take for the refs to spot the continual fouls on Lambert?

Gordon Mockles

We're on form. We're brilliant. I'm ecstatic.

However, I have one huge gripe that has been consistently bugging me about the p*ss poor refs (& even worse linesmen) that clearly see the constant fouls on Rickie Lambert. Why bottle it & not give any protection or any form of free kick to Lambert?

Is it because he's a big guy? Is he too honest? He's tall & strong as an ox but is consantly shoved in the back, laddered with defenders on his shoulders (trying to off put him & stop him getting off the ground).

Happened in tonights game (Huddersfield), throughout the Walsall match (one shove was right infront of the lino - no bleedin' flag, refs body language clearly showed he saw it & the t*sser totally bottled it). Lambert made it so clear after the incident.

I mean, FFS. Referee the game & penalise this. Sorry to say but it's happened ALL season & I've noticed so many incidents & Lambert has been awarded about 2% of these infringements. Time to open your eyes officials or find a new job!

Rant over. Needs to be said though. I just can't understand how officials cannot see the blindingly obvious or chose to ignore it. Shocking refereeing!

Can't say I've noticed a problem to be honest, there's a foul in every aerial challenge somewhere and seeing as Lambert wins most of them (usually without jumping) it works in our favour to play on.

He's VERY good at keeping the defender on the floor during challenges as well, I wonder how he does that without fouling..?

We're on form. We're brilliant. I'm ecstatic.

However, I have one huge gripe that has been consistently bugging me about the p*ss poor refs (& even worse linesmen) that clearly see the constant fouls on Rickie Lambert. Why bottle it & not give any protection or any form of free kick to Lambert?

Is it because he's a big guy? Is he too honest? He's tall & strong as an ox but is consantly shoved in the back, laddered with defenders on his shoulders (trying to off put him & stop him getting off the ground).

Happened in tonights game (Huddersfield), throughout the Walsall match (one shove was right infront of the lino - no bleedin' flag, refs body language clearly showed he saw it & the t*sser totally bottled it). Lambert made it so clear after the incident.

I mean, FFS. Referee the game & penalise this. Sorry to say but it's happened ALL season & I've noticed so many incidents & Lambert has been awarded about 2% of these infringements. Time to open your eyes officials or find a new job!

Rant over. Needs to be said though. I just can't understand how officials cannot see the blindingly obvious or chose to ignore it. Shocking refereeing!

Funny how we all see different things at games. Personally I thought it was Llallana, not Lambert, who needed more protection last night.

K.

Funny how we all see different things at games. Personally I thought it was Llallana, not Lambert, who needed more protection last night.

K.

I don't think Lambert needs any protection! As has been said earlier in the thread, the reason he doesn't get too many fouls is that he is strong as an ox and just shrugs them off. Many would go down or make a meal of it in similar circumstances but he stands his ground and stays on his feet. Whether he is doing himself / the team an injustice with such 'honesty' I'm not sure.