Harlesden

dune

Did anyone else have the pleasure of visiting this gem of an area?

I needed a slash on the way back from central London and had to get off the N18 nightbus here around 3 am. I'm not exagerating when I say I was scared and I genuinely thought I was going to get mugged or stabbed.

Stayed in Harlesden with an old mate on Sat night. He advised us to leave nothing, not even a plastic bag, in view in the car. He also never leaves his door open or even slightly ajar, so that no one can see anything that is left in the hall. that being said, he's been there for over twenty years and has raised four kids. If it was that bad, he'd have left by now. Oh, yeah, and when we were walking back, folks came out of their houses and congratulated us, which was nice.

we parked at aplerton, and it was really like walking through india! not being racist, but it was very hard to spot a white british person, and everyone looked at us as if we had killed there family and were ready to stab us, then some jumped up chav trying to sell us sweetcorn, in a full orange tracksuit with his hood up, playing gangster music? quite amusin :)

we parked at aplerton, and it was really like walking through india! not being racist, but it was very hard to spot a white british person, and everyone looked at us as if we had killed there family and were ready to stab us, then some jumped up chav trying to sell us sweetcorn, in a full orange tracksuit with his hood up, playing gangster music? quite amusin :)

Alperton certainly has a large Asian poulation but I have to say I've been there many times without any trouble or any hint thereof.

Harlseden is a totally different kettle of fish, probably the scariest place I've been too.

Did anyone else have the pleasure of visiting this gem of an area?

I needed a slash on the way back from central London and had to get off the N18 nightbus here around 3 am. I'm not exagerating when I say I was scared and I genuinely thought I was going to get mugged or stabbed.

Gosh, you must have been totally desperate to get off there of all places !

Alperton certainly has a large Asian poulation but I have to say I've been there many times without any trouble or any hint thereof.

Harlseden is a totally different kettle of fish, probably the scariest place I've been too.

Agree, the gangs that were lurking about (and i'm not exagerating this) at 3 a.m were afro caribean. At the bust stop one came up to me and asked for a light. I told him to keep it as i'd got a spare one.

Or maybe i wasn't that desperate for a slash as i walked by the local night club complete with gang stood outside. I just kept thinking about how David Niven walked when being surrounded by the boxers in 55days days at Peeking.:)