Yeovil

JRM

As posted on the main board.....

I managed to get a ticket today from friends in Yeovil.

I shall be sat in with the carrot crunchers.

Yeovil haven't sold out, and although you can't buy on the day, if you can get there before Saturday you should be able to get a ticket.

It might be an idea to phone the club first and check availability.

Obviously use a Wurzels accent on the phone.

As posted on the main board.....

I managed to get a ticket today from friends in Yeovil.

I shall be sat in with the carrot crunchers.

Yeovil haven't sold out, and although you can't buy on the day, if you can get there before Saturday you should be able to get a ticket.

It might be an idea to phone the club first and check availability.

Obviously use a Wurzels accent on the phone.

..and be quick about trying, Yeovil may (and probably will) introduce restrictions on buying tickets, to people already on its database if they reside outside their local postcodes (BA, SP, BH, DT, EX, TA)...

I believe the away fans will be sat in the Cowlin stand, Block PP (and possibly P)...

Edited by markr27

I went to see Yeovil almost grab a win against Millwall last night - key points from the game that may be of interest for Saturday...

Pitch.

Looked in very good shape - the occasional bald spot but nothing at all to worry about.

It was also watered at half time with those pop-up sprinklers, obviously to the Millwall subs' surprise. :D

Stadium

You are very close to the pitch. The seating Millwall fans were located in Blocks PP and P of the Cowlin stand. Block N is next to the black sheeting that provides the segegration, but appears to have a few season ticket holders on the end of the rows, perhaps to be expected.

Yeovil

Played 4-4-1-1 on the night. Appear to concentrate its attacks down the left with a long throw threat very potent on that side from their pacey full back.

They worked themselves into some decent positions last night but lacked the killer ball.

Danger players

Gavin Williams plays in the 'hole' and is arguably their playmaker and best player, certainly in terms of running with the ball.

Central midfielder JP Kalala and the aforementioned left side threat, Nathan Smith and Andy Welsh should also be watched.

Dean Bowditch took his goal well, but was sometimes left isolated up front.

Verdict

Before last night's result filtered though I thought that if Saints go behind, it may prove difficult to get back and win.

However as long as they are not over-confident they have a good chance of victory, but Yeovil can and will bite.

Millwall had a lot of the play and the chances last night but just couldn't get the decisive opener. Yeovil did and then had something to hang onto, preferring to concentrate further goal threats on the break.

They nearly managed it too - Millwall's equaliser was scored by Jon Obika, ex-Yeovil loanee who didn't celebrate.

There was a small pitch invasion which led to the stewards, local plod and the Met Police trying to get the fans off.

The Millwall keeper didn't help, celebrating and then hugging some of the fans that came on!

Will they be available on the day? I'd have thought they'd sell out as well.

The attendance for Yeovil Millwall was just over 4k, under 50% of the capacity.

I doubt they'll sell out, probably looking at around 6-7k, but whether they'll sell tickets before kick-off is open to question.

What time are you getting into Yeovil Junction?

You may have to get a taxi to the pub/ground as the station is 2/3 miles outside the town itself, and the road is not exactly the best for walking either!

Pub-wise, you have three choices, though I am unsure which one is best for away fans today as I moved away from Yeovil a few years ago now.

1. The Arrow (BA21 3TL) which is on Stourton Way on the Abbey Manor estate is the closest. Google Map link

2. Airfield Tavern (BA22 8UX) on Bunford Lane. (Palmers fish and chip shop is opposite). Google Map link

3. Further afield you have the Bell, which is on Preston Road (BA21 3AG). Google Map link

Huish Park is BA22 8HF.

Going to The Bell first on preston road then on to the Arrow on way to the ground.

car park open from 12, and the arrow is about 15 min walk from central bus station, fans are friendly, bit of banter but nothing else :).

I'm sure you're right but worth remembering there was a bit of trouble after the game at SMS and a couple of theirs got hurt. Some could be out looking for a bit of revenge for their mates as they were not yer 'innocent' types.

Not trying to scaremonger - probably wont be an issue - but worth being aware.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Anyone travelling down from Winchester with 2 spare places in the car or minibus? Changed plans and not now staying in Yeovil.

Alternatively, I have a seven seater and would have 5 spare places if I drive.

FFS! Probably won't be able to get over now and have 2 tickets sitting inside my passport ready to head to the airport in the morning.***** that volcano anyway!!!!!!!!!!!

Been working outside all day so haven't heard any news regarding flights but have definitely noticed aircraft about today and assumed everything must be returning to normal.

Good luck for tomorrow.