Legal aid??

daveygwyatt

It depends on your circumstances. Be careful because they can come back later annd claim it off you, when you sell your house for example. They allow you to keep something like £80,000 of equity from the sale. Child abuse cases will always qualify for legal aid. There is a salary threshold above which you cannot qualify and my ex daughter-in law reduced her hours so that she could get it. We spent £30,000 helping my son in the same action whereas she got all her bills paid by the taxpayer.

It depends on your circumstances. Be careful because they can come back later annd claim it off you, when you sell your house for example. They allow you to keep something like £80,000 of equity from the sale. Child abuse cases will always qualify for legal aid. There is a salary threshold above which you cannot qualify and my ex daughter-in law reduced her hours so that she could get it. We spent £30,000 helping my son in the same action whereas she got all her bills paid by the taxpayer.

thanks thats quite helpful, have used calculator and because household gross income is over 2673 a month legal aid seems to be a no go, seems a bit strange as i am debt free but have little spare income each month, as almost a quarter of my wages go to my ex for the up keep of the kids we had (happy to pay that as they are my responsiblity).. so might be worth changing jobs to qualify i guess.

did i not read years ago robert maxwells sons received legal aid? how on earth did they manage that? or have the rules since changed