Olympic 2012 Mascots

doubleonothing

Clearly you have no idea about velodromes.

The one in Manchester was built for the Commonwealth Games and has acted as the foundation for all our Olympic cycling medals ever since.

There are well attended events going on most weekends and that is not limited to cycling as the middle is used for other sports, drama and even dance.

The velodrome looks great, but as you say we already have a great one in Manchester which has made us the best in the World so I don't really see the need for more.

The new hospital in Barnet cost £40mill (all be it in 2003), I would rather have two new hospitals than a really pretty looking cycling track. If you are one of the hundreds of thousands who regularly enjoy watching track cycling you might disagree, but that is my opinion.

The velodrome looks great, but as you say we already have a great one in Manchester which has made us the best in the World so I don't really see the need for more.

The new hospital in Barnet cost £40mill (all be it in 2003), I would rather have two new hospitals than a really pretty looking cycling track. If you are one of the hundreds of thousands who regularly enjoy watching track cycling you might disagree, but that is my opinion.

On that basis we should have a single Olympic sized swimming pool for the entire country.

There's enough of a problem with people running around London full of drugs, without adding to the numbers with athletes.

Should have let France have it, then the people who want to watch it can hop across and do so, without leaving the rest of us with a massive debt. I would rather the money was spent on grassroots sport facilities for all to use.

As far as I'm aware this is happening. It certainly is with the whitewater centre being built at Broxbourne: the course will be open to the general public before the Olympics and has two parts- an intermediate course for people who want to get into kayaking and the olympic course itself. It will also be available for whitewater rafting which will definitely bring in money to the local area (being a popular school group/ stag do/ corporate) activity.

There has also been a course built and recently opened at Cardiff Bay which may not have got funding if we didn't have the olympics. Both thse places will bring money into the local areas (Cardiff already is).

I never thought I'd say this (being a namby pamby lefite student type) but I agree with Stu. The Olympics is definitely a good thing.

Doesn't stop the logo from being a big pile of **** though.

I'm sure 90% of the British people who actually attend the olympics will not have contributed not a single penny (apart from maybe buying a lottery ticket or 10)

90% of the british public wont be attending the games. I cant imagine how 54 million people will manage it some how. All the seats will be taken by british and fpriegn politicians on free gidgees. The few prol's will have to pay through the nose.

Agreed waste of money. And to actually believe that it will in anyway "pay for itself" ... Do you believe everything those lying cheating politicians tell you.

90% of the british public wont be attending the games. I cant imagine how 54 million people will manage it some how. All the seats will be taken by british and fpriegn politicians on free gidgees. The few prol's will have to pay through the nose.

Agreed waste of money. And to actually believe that it will in anyway "pay for itself" ... Do you believe everything those lying cheating politicians tell you.

I will happily pay over the odds and walk on broken glass to witness a 100m final like the bejing games.