Maggie back at Number 10

dune

This country was the poor man of europe when she took over the mess left behind by Labour. She enabled the country to prosper, she stood firm on N.Ireland, The Falklands and Russia, the stockmarket became the strongest in europe, she enabled business to prosper which allows society to prosper. The people who lost their jobs were in jobs that weren't needed. She stood firm against the unions who had crippled the country under Labour. Under Maggie - you were proud to be British - not ashamed like you are today thanks to Blair & Brown. She had bigger balls than some of the posters on here ffs!

Having read a lot of the posts this is probably the best, I think rockrollman no2 was an ex miner. We closed a lot of the pits because it was cheaper to import the stuff, that's a no brainer in any economical sense.

Although a long time ago a lot of my family were miners in South Wales,ive never been one saintwarwick.I actually work in the steel industry.Without going over the same points again,i just think its sad that Thatcher didnt look at the bigger picture when she shut all the mines and sold off all of our industries.Now we are totally dependant on Russia for our gas and South Africa for our coal.Also we are all continually being ripped off with high prices from those privitised companies.

Although a long time ago a lot of my family were miners in South Wales,ive never been one saintwarwick.I actually work in the steel industry.Without going over the same points again,i just think its sad that Thatcher didnt look at the bigger picture when she shut all the mines and sold off all of our industries.Now we are totally dependant on Russia for our gas and South Africa for our coal.Also we are all continually being ripped off with high prices from those privitised companies.

more mines were closed by the previous labour govt..right..?

Well the labour had 13 years to do something about it so what did they do? Feck all because they believed it was the way forward just like Maggie set in plan. She sorted out the unions because these same people held us to ransom on numerous ocasions, rubbish piling up on the streets, blackouts, bodies piling up, do you think this is a right way for people to treat us? No they wanted everything there own way and striked when it was convenient, cheaper coal imported was a better option as why pay a premier price for the same product offered at basic price. The unions didn't like Maggie because she stood up and fought them, they lost because there was an alternative but the unions were too thick to see this.

The Lefties seem to think we should keep non profitable organsiations running to give people jobs. They are at it now with the Public Sector, "we cant have cuts, because people will lose their jobs". The Lefties dont seem to understand, that sad as it is for the people involved, and their communities, that people do lose jobs, that industry does change and that when Labour intensive industries modernise or close, lots of people lose their jobs. What is the alternative,Govt spending to prop up uneconomic industries, just to keep people in work?

We are having the same debate now that Mrs T won in the 80's, over the Public sector. It needs trimming, people will lose their jobs, let's just hope that the Govt can stimulate the Private sector to pick up the slack and employ the people unfortunate enough to lose their job.

It is sad when a 'street football co-ordinator' and an 'enviro-crime enforcement officer' loses their job, but if we dont need these people, we dont need them.