Moving out of Southampton

Golden Balls

When ever there is a decent DJ on. Think the last time there was Lisa Lashes at C103. Seen quite a few there and before that Candy Store next door had a few top DJ's. Go down to Newquay when they got decent DJ's on too. Did RTTS this year and Whitby before that. Back in Newquay for Darren Styles on the 3rd August. Not sure when im out in Plym again though.

Couple of years ago we did the Mutly run followed by Barbican and then down to Union rooms via averywhere in between and then onto Candy Store. Finished off in the clipper with a navy mate who is in there all the time. Well always ends up in there anyway. lol.

Not my kinda pub but then I wouldnt go in most of the places that my navy mate goes. lol

the clipper...lol, biggest protestant bar outside glasgow/N ireland (probably)..red hand of ulster flags flying everywhere...

dance academy used to have top line ups nearly every weekend...however, sadly shut down

the clipper...lol, biggest protestant bar outside glasgow/N ireland (probably)..red hand of ulster flags flying everywhere...

dance academy used to have top line ups nearly every weekend...however, sadly shut down

Yeah a mate of mine was inside sharing a cell with the dj that got sent down from dance academy.

I never got to go there cause I was working at a club in torquay at the time. as soon as that closed we used to go to the monestery in torquay for al all nighter where people from dance academy joined us. Recent Monestery re-union took place in torquay with all the old dj's. Was a good night but funny seeing how much the old ravers have aged. lol (including me)

My word Golden Balls, doesn't sound like much of a choice to me. Why not wait for an opening more local?

A more local option doesn't look likely right now and when it does become available, I will have the chance to transfer back to Soton with experience under my belt.

I lived in Exeter for 8 years. If you are looking to rent a flat, look at the Richmond Road/St David's Hill area, or on the Quay, where there are lots of flats and plenty of young people. Alternatively, Exwick is a kind of family area/2-3 bed houses IIRC.

The only bits of Exeter to avoid really are some of the suburbs outside teh main town. The good bit about Exeter is you can (or could when I was there) get reasonable living space very close to the City centre, which means you can walk everywhere. The place is really hilly but actually a really nice City with plenty of stuff to do - certainly enough to keep you occupied for two years.

The nightlife is poor compared to some placed but it is (or was) a very safe town. If you can, get yourself friendly with the Guild of Students and blag your way into the Uni - lots of good bands, excellent nightclubs and 18-23 year olds on tap. The town nightlife is more pub than club based, but there are a couple of nightclubs on the quay. It depends what you want.

Overall you could do worse than living in Exeter for a couple of years. The first 3 months are very weird but you soon find your feet. PM me if you want more specific details.

I have been down to Plymouth a few times for Saints games or to visit some of the said 6 people. And I can honestly say it was a sh!thole. My last visit I remember walking round steaming at about 5 in the morning trying to find prostitutes.

Why don't the hookers in Plymouth work at 5am? C*nts.

Plymouth is full of Navy c*nts thinking they are the dogs nads and spending most of the night growling at civvys who are sniffing round 'their women' .

class always outs.

• 3 weeks later...

I was offered a job that involved moving to Exeter. I stuck it out there for two years before my dislike for the place was enough for me to decide enough was enough and I moved back to Bournemouth.

The thing that makes me laugh about young people in Exeter is that they genuinely think it's the best place in the uk, yet most of them have never crossed the borders of Devon.

The thing that makes me laugh about young people in Exeter is that they genuinely think it's the best place in the uk, yet most of them have never crossed the borders of Devon.

I found that in Derby. Worked with a 17 year old who had only ever been out of Derby twice, both times to Skegness, and couldnt find London on a map. Happy though. Maybe broad horizons arent all they're cracked up to be.