Dock Gate 20 Motorcycles closing

Macey_J2

Isn't it strange that 'MOST' people who ride Harlies seem to look complete kn@bbers when they do so. Have you ever ridden one, What a load of antiquated scrap iron. I like classic bikes, but the Harley seems to have been designed by Brunel out of the same steel they made the Great Britain out of. The Great Britain had a better turning circle and better brakes as well.

QUOTE=landford.saint;914486]Isn't it strange that 'MOST' people who ride Harlies seem to look complete kn@bbers when they do so. Have you ever ridden one, What a load of antiquated scrap iron. I like classic bikes, but the Harley seems to have been designed by Brunel out of the same steel they made the Great Britain out of. The Great Britain had a better turning circle and better brakes as well.

Quite agree. The ultimate Posers bike "Look at me I'm so Macho". Only seen on sunny days .

I feel realy sorry for the staff,they don't deserve to be treated like this.:(

my fourpenneth.

HD's had a resurgence a couple of years back due to the thatcher children reaping their rewards and waking up one morning to the euphoria of a miid life crisis paired with a few extra quid at their disposal; no kids to fork out for too helps. It's a shame imho that people will lose jobs, not just at DG20 but worldwide I am assuming, if you have one now look after it, it may ironically end up paying for your pension annuity.

Those knocking them are just jealous that they didn't have the foresight to listen to Busby.

Love the look of Harley's but I would be constantly worried that I would one day have to plead with a group of spotty teenagers to help lift it off of me.

Isn't it strange that 'MOST' people who ride Harlies seem to look complete kn@bbers when they do so. Have you ever ridden one, What a load of antiquated scrap iron. I like classic bikes, but the Harley seems to have been designed by Brunel out of the same steel they made the Great Britain out of. The Great Britain had a better turning circle and better brakes as well.

Agree with this. Had a go on one once and have to say I was completely underwhelmed by its acceleration and handling. In other words, okay in a straight line if you wanted to pootle about. I could have more fun on an NS125.

If I came into some wedge I'd be looking at a Ducatti, Guzzi or MV Agusta.....something of that ilk. Yep, I go and gawp at the bikes at Three Cross....!!!!

Feel sorry for the staff though, tough break for them.

Feel sorry for the staff though, tough break for them.

Definitely.

Hopefully some of them might decide to go self-employed. They're bloody good mechanics from what I heard. Niche market those harleys now, plus them Buell's, they are everywhere and they are rode and owned by some well off old gits with a money burning a hole in their pockets.

I have been taking it in JohnnyBognor. Cheers mate.

victory make better bikes than harley ever will, buells, dont even get me started. . . .

if i had some wedge i would buy a scrapped 40 year old norton and make some serious serious money, speed and fun? buy a 675 daytona or a duke 848, sheer driving pleasure a viffer or to pose a 916 senna, cant really get any better,

feel free to abuse (i couldnt give a toss what you uneducated (or 50/125cc riders) think )

can't argue though that Harley's as a brand are right up there.

They always will have an intrinsic attraction to all bikers and non-bikers alike, a bit like Rolls Royces will always be seen as the epitome of luxury motoring and build quality despite them not being the perfect car. Harley's are iconic, and imho they are also associated inextricably with many things from Hell's Angels to Choppers, great looking bikes whether 1 or 50 years old.

My nipper and I went on the back of Harley's to the church where he got wed, if it had been any other marque whatsoever I don;lt think it would have had the same impact. When the limo arrived we got the page boys in and then this almighty ROAR came around the corner and the 2 bikes took main stage. The same effect could not be had by a YamaHondaZuki.

• 6 months later...