Ghurkas Justice Campaign

Tamesaint

I feel really ashamed to be British when you see how this country is treating retired Ghurkas. If they were born before 1997 they do not have an automatic right to live in this country. It is OK for them to fight for us. It is OK fior them to die for us (45,000 did in the 2 world wars) but until last week when the High Court announced that the Government had to change the law, it was unlawful for them to live here in retirement. The Government still has to announce what it is going to do but I would not be surprised if they try to wriggle out of giving them full rights.

Not many political campaigns get me excited but this one does. Well played Joanna Lumley for standing up for them. Well done on starting a petition to get the injustice rectified.

I don't think anyone with sound mind could possibly be against the Ghurkas being allowed full citizenship forver, to be honest. Anyone willing to fight and die in the name of a cou try should get all of its perks and so on, IMO. That includes any veterans who fought for the commonwealth etc in any war.

Amen! I totally agree, it seems totally absurd that whilst it seems that the government seem to let virtually anybody stay in this country, they have kicked out the far more deserving such as the Gurkhas.

On another note, I read somewhere that the only surviving terrorist from the 1980 Iranian embassy siege is due to be released soon. Whats the betting that he'll stay here due to some human rights law?