Anyone hear Keith Harris on talksport

NickG

caught the end of it, KH from Seymour Price, was talking about takeovers and investment. Heard end of Villa talk then him saying don't expect many, if any, more like Man C.

Anyone hear earlier stuff, did he talk about saints takeover talks/finances? Guess if mentioned us would have been posted by now.

We had our chance with the SISU bid.:mad:

They used Saints to get the reluctant Coventry shareholders to sell for next to nowt.

They refused to respond to the questions of the plc board as they never had any intention of taking us over.

You should be mad at them really

They used Saints to get the reluctant Coventry shareholders to sell for next to nowt.

They refused to respond to the questions of the plc board as they never had any intention of taking us over.

Didn't Dan Williams (aka HelpMeRhonda) deploy similar tactics to try and force the hand of Blackburn's board?

Why do would be investors of other clubs see SFC as a Trojan Horse?

They refused to respond to the questions of the plc board

As far as I am led to believe, they did respond privately to the public questions raised by Wilde, Lowe and Crouch.

as they never had any intention of taking us over.

If they never had any intention of taking us over, they wouldn't have gone to the trouble and expense of making an indicative offer.

As far as I am led to believe, they did respond privately to the public questions raised by Wilde, Lowe and Crouch.

If they never had any intention of taking us over, they wouldn't have gone to the trouble and expense of making an indicative offer.

Also at the time Mike Wilde, under the guise of Saint Marc, started a thread on the old TSF that basically highlighted a Mirror article with a negative slant on the SISU hedge fund.

The impression Saint Marc aka Mike Wilde obviouysly wanted to press was that SISU would be bad for Southampton Football Club. Well i can't see it being worse than the inevitble course we are now on - ADMINISTRATION, so why was Wilde so against the offer? The only conclusion i can come to is that Wilde was greedy and thought he could hold out for more money for his shares either from SISU or a.n.other.

Basically nothing Wilde says can be taken at face value so all we can do is try to read between the lines.

To answer ur question nickg,no,he never mentioned saints.villa,everton and newcastle and the charlton takeover were all he talked about. He said alot has to do with these consortiums liking london and property prices,etc.you never though,maybe one day we will have a takeover,till then,keep the faith,coyr

Coventry had no choice as they were over £40million in debt with no assets and were 30 minutes away from administration.

Also at the time Mike Wilde, under the guise of Saint Marc, started a thread on the old TSF that basically highlighted a Mirror article with a negative slant on the SISU hedge fund.

The impression Saint Marc aka Mike Wilde obviouysly wanted to press was that SISU would be bad for Southampton Football Club. Well i can't see it being worse than the inevitble course we are now on - ADMINISTRATION, so why was Wilde so against the offer? The only conclusion i can come to is that Wilde was greedy and thought he could hold out for more money for his shares either from SISU or a.n.other.

Basically nothing Wilde says can be taken at face value so all we can do is try to read between the lines.

What makes you so sure administration is inevitable? We should be alright for this season and we will see what happens in the summer, however if you have some information some of us are not privy to please post it on here.

Don't suppose anybody's got a link to that article?

The impression Saint Marc aka Mike Wilde obviouysly wanted to press was that SISU would be bad for Southampton Football Club.

That's probably a fair assumption.

Well i can't see it being worse than the inevitble course we are now on - ADMINISTRATION

Not sure I entirely agree with that, although it's certainly much more likely with the crap attendance figures we've been getting so far this season.

so why was Wilde so against the offer? The only conclusion i can come to is that Wilde was greedy and thought he could hold out for more money for his shares either from SISU or a.n.other.

A bit harsh to pin it all on Wilde given that all three of the main shareholders made it pretty clear that they were against it. Quite possibly the only time the three of them have been singing from the same hymn sheet. If it had happened a few more times over the last 3 years, perhaps we wouldn't be in such a mess...

I would be very interested to know, given that they apparently received a private response from SISU answering their questions, what was in those answers that ensured they maintained their "against" stance.

To answer ur question nickg,no,he never mentioned saints.villa,everton and newcastle and the charlton takeover were all he talked about. He said alot has to do with these consortiums liking london and property prices,etc.you never though,maybe one day we will have a takeover,till then,keep the faith,coyr

thanks