1st car insuance

mightysaints

Daughter has just passed her driving test, been looking at insurance for her. I have a company car and they will not let her on it as she is not old enough. I don't want to take out an insurance in my name and have her as a second driver as they are clamping down on this. I know someone who works in car insurance investigations and this is a major problem at the moment,chances are that they will not pay out as they know the daughter is realy the main driver if she has a crash. Are there any other ways of doing car insurance other than her taking out her own policy as we are looking at nearly £1,8k fully comp for a small 1 ltr car worth only a grand.

Daughter has just passed her driving test, been looking at insurance for her. I have a company car and they will not let her on it as she is not old enough. I don't want to take out an insurance in my name and have her as a second driver as they are clamping down on this. I know someone who works in car insurance investigations and this is a major problem at the moment,chances are that they will not pay out as they know the daughter is realy the main driver if she has a crash. Are there any other ways of doing car insurance other than her taking out her own policy as we are looking at nearly £1,8k fully comp for a small 1 ltr car worth only a grand.

Add another grand to that quote if they are male.

Its murder, but I am afaid that is all there is .....oh and thats a pretty good quote youve got

It's also a form of insurance fraud and therefore illegal.

best bet is to buy a banger and grin and bear it. Insurance companies murder anyone with no claims bonus After a year's no claims she'll be be paying closer to a grand

A young bloke I know was quoted over 7 grand by 3 different companies to insure a 1 litre 2000 Micra a few years ago.

Its no wonder poeple take a chance and don't bother with insurance. My last car that i had to insure was a Civic Type R. £750 with business milage. A few days later in the paper a guy got done for having no insurance same car got a £350 fine. He saved himself £400

Edited by mightysaints

Best advice I got was to look for something from the 80s or early 90s, a Pug 205, Ford Fiesta Mk1/2, Fiat Uno, Citroen AX etc. Cheap to buy, cheap to run, simple to fix, can sneak on a classic policy sometimes, can keep up with modern traffic and aren't the ''obvious'' choice for a first car anymore, so the insurance premiums are lower.

Sad but true, but more accidents are had by modern Fiesta/Micra/Corsa owners (as they are typical modern first cars), so owning one is more a risk. Seriously, my N-reg Corsa costs more to insure than a Fiesta XR2i or a Renault 5GT Turbo. I'd have loved either of those, but the parents said otherwise....