Sam Argent signs pro

Master Bates

I wouldn't be surprised if he's going to be on the bench quite soon. The OS has been talking up his performances in the reserves for quite some time now. With James not totally convincing so far (although JP seems to think otherwise) and Argent's best position being RB he must get a chance sooner rather then later.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's going to be on the bench quite soon. The OS has been talking up his performances in the reserves for quite some time now. With James not totally convincing so far (although JP seems to think otherwise) and Argent's best position being RB he must get a chance sooner rather then later.

Hope not , lets let his career develop rather than just play him because he may be better than James

Why not? If he's better he's ready. He'll make a few mistakes but we'll just have to accept that. Its not like Bale and Walcott suffered from playing in the first team at a young age (and Mills seems to be doing alright as well). So why, if he's better, shouldn't he play?

because imo without hold heads, which both Bale and Walcott had, we will ruin his long term career.

I am all for playing young players but the current fad of building them up to be world beaters is not helping them , expectation levels are increased and then deflated.Crowds drop off and the mood round the city becomes even more depressed.

We just are playing to many at once and watching their performances at the back they are poorly coached in the art of defending