Please help with radio in USA

wayman

I am based 6 months of year in Naples Fl. and when I try to get So;ent on internet it is fine until Saints broadcast comes on and it is turned off for 'contract' reasons. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi Wayman, did not know you were in Naples 6 months of the year, I just live across alligator alley in Hollywood, just south of Fort Lauderdale; if you are ever over this way let me know; send me a pm if you would please it is always good to meet with another Saints fan.

Does Solent's internet stream remain on during a game in the UK then? I always seem to remember it getting turned off over there as well? Does Lamina work with Betfair and/or Pokerstars (that getting shut down to USA players last week totally sucked - it's done by IP as well as account location).

Anyway if you are overseas I think that it is worth forking out for Saints player. The commentaries work fine most of the time and you can see the goals a day or so after the game.

Big game today. It feels very wrong listening to a game at work at 10am on a Monday morning though.

I'm going to double check today. I'll let you know.

Isn't it sick knowing that the UK is on vacation while we deal with the Monday morning grief plus the stress of a Saints game. Blood pressure over load.

Again, for the 97,000th time.

Solent ONLY broadcast Saints games on the RADIO.

They have a contract with Southampton so that no matter WHERE you are in the world you cannot get any stream UNLESS you have subscribed to Saints Player. It MAY be possible to get a radio stream from OTHER clubs subscrition sites but nobody has been able to do that for a couple of years.

There is only ONE foolproof way that any of us have found to get around this. You need to have a friend or family member in the Solent 96.1FM who switches on their radio and then EITHER holds the phone next to the radio OR you use a VOIP product such as Skype (which is free).

Using this method we have linked people in Aus, US, Lithuania and other remote locations when they got stranded

Sorry but those of us that realised we HAVE to pay for this (pretty cruddy) service also realised it was better than the alternatives - ie not listening at all

Sorry but those of us that realised we HAVE to pay for this (pretty cruddy) service also realised it was better than the alternatives - ie not listening at all

It's not all that bad really, not for the price because you get to watch the pre and post match videos,plus highlights plus the occasional full 90 as well.I mean what else do you get for 4 euros a month these days. It's got a lot better during matches of late as well,just whinger Merrington to sort out now.

Many thanks, guys, for informed comment - I appreciate it - did not read D.P.'s 97,000 posts on the subject as I couldn't get past his personal diary on what he is doing and his golf game !!!! Martel, if you are ever over our side of Alligator Alley let me know, especially weekends as I get more Premier than Sky on Fox Sports. Can't wait to see Saints on it when in Premier in two years time !!!!!!!!

This fella streams all Saints games online. A few of us online and a chat room. Get involved!

http://www.justin.tv/dakey11#/w/1125681280

Had no idea! Brilliant. Thanks very much. Definitely beats listening to Dean Windass at whatever ground he's droning about or John Salako's over enthusiastic Southampton are in front... not realizing the goal was disallowed today ha.