Strange observation on share trading

Window Cleaner

I spoke to a friend on Friday to see it it was him who purchased the 35,000 shares last Monday as he said he was going to. He said he tried to get £10,000 worth but was told by his stock broker that there were non spare in the market unless he was prepared to pay over the odds. He did not follow it up bt clearly someone did at a premiun rate.

So it could be lack of avaialbility is the reason.

I spoke to a friend on Friday to see it it was him who purchased the 35,000 shares last Monday as he said he was going to. He said he tried to get £10,000 worth but was told by his stock broker that there were non spare in the market unless he was prepared to pay over the odds. He did not follow it up bt clearly someone did at a premiun rate.

So it could be lack of avaialbility is the reason.

meaning that everybody who wants to sell has sold or that those who "know" are expecting the price to rise?

meaning that everybody who wants to sell has sold or that those who "know" are expecting the price to rise?

Likely to be small holdings who are Saints supporters and do not wish to sell or Wilde, Crouch, Lowe Group and supporters.

Will the price go up? Depends on future investment plans.

Will the price go down? Depends on whether we slip into Administration.

The share price is not much affected by the wider market. I suspect it will bounce along with a max 5p move in either direction until something major happens.

I suspect we are in a "HOLD" situation at present.

Indeed.

Does this not go some way to shooting down the "it's not significant....it's only 0.0000004% of the overall share allocation...." argument that a lot of the cynics come back with when someone highlights a batch of round 5 figure sums being traded from time to time?

In other words, if it's difficult to get one's hands on 10,000 shares then when one sees a series of such trades, more or less at MARKET RATES, then 'something' relatively significant must have happened behind the scenes to make it happen?

Likely to be small holdings who are Saints supporters and do not wish to sell or Wilde, Crouch, Lowe Group and supporters.

Will the price go up? Depends on future investment plans.

Will the price go down? Depends on whether we slip into Administration.

The share price is not much affected by the wider market. I suspect it will bounce along with a max 5p move in either direction until something major happens.

I suspect we are in a "HOLD" situation at present.

Jonah never gives us the benefit of his wisdom any more.

Perhaps he's no longer in the citeh.

I suspect that any significant sale of shares would send the price plummeting, unless there is a takeover in the air.

Perhaps, the only really significant sales of late have been on a see saw basis, the really amazing thing is that there are no movements whatsoever and no

solid blocks available at the quoted price. If you want 30000 shares you've to pay over the odds for them.I am beginning to think the entirety of our share issue has been virtually concentrated into 2 poles(all with satellites) and that

there are virtually no free market shares available. But I'm not a citeh wallah, I just think about things a lot when I'm out on those mind numbing 5 and 6 hour runs.

Still a nice 8 hour off road race this Sunday should give me ample time to reflect on this and many more vital subjects.

I wonder if there are still decent holdings by any investment/pension companies? I'm a small shareholder (1500 IIRC!) and the shares are worth more to me emotionally and as an entree' to the AGM than any monetary value. I'm on a very small income but unlike some here I put my money where my mouth is..

Apart from pension companies and small shareholders like me where are the shares held, and why aren't people profit-taking? I suppose it is quite an interesting question..

I wonder if there are still decent holdings by any investment/pension companies? I'm a small shareholder (1500 IIRC!) and the shares are worth more to me emotionally and as an entree' to the AGM than any monetary value. I'm on a very small income but unlike some here I put my money where my mouth is..

Apart from pension companies and small shareholders like me where are the shares held, and why aren't people profit-taking? I suppose it is quite an interesting question..

There aren't any decent holdings by any investment/pension companies. AFAIK there is only one smallish one with just over 3%.

Jonah never gives us the benefit of his wisdom any more.

Perhaps he's no longer in the citeh.

I am still here and still in the City, but that's only because they have locked the windows to stop everyone jumping out.

The NMS (Normal Market Size) for Saints shares is only 2,000 - the NMS is the minimum number of shares which the market makers must provide a guaranteed quote for. This figure is derived from the volumes traded over a period of time - ie. because our shares are only lightly traded the NMS is low. Currently you can get a firm price for 7,500 @ 27.63p. So whoever just bought 1k @ 28p has a crap broker!

In terms of trying to buy 35,000, again they need to get a better broker :-) To be fair it will be tricky to get that quantity in the market, hence why the market makers are quoting a high price, but the thing to do is to phone the house broker and see if they have a willing seller - chances are there is someone wanting to offload 50k or 100k but has the opposite problem - they are being quoted a really low price to sell. The house broker (in theory) could be able to match up interested parties, although the size is a bit low to be honest.

It's a bit weird that people are buying shares just now - given the markets are in a state of panic with indiscriminate sell-offs (down another 8% today), it seems odd for anyone to buy a football club share just now, let alone Saints! There's not much correlation between our price and the main markets, but even so it's hardly the time to be having a punt on our shares!

I am still here and still in the City, but that's only because they have locked the windows to stop everyone jumping out.

The NMS (Normal Market Size) for Saints shares is only 2,000 - the NMS is the minimum number of shares which the market makers must provide a guaranteed quote for. This figure is derived from the volumes traded over a period of time - ie. because our shares are only lightly traded the NMS is low. Currently you can get a firm price for 7,500 @ 27.63p. So whoever just bought 1k @ 28p has a crap broker!

In terms of trying to buy 35,000, again they need to get a better broker :-) To be fair it will be tricky to get that quantity in the market, hence why the market makers are quoting a high price, but the thing to do is to phone the house broker and see if they have a willing seller - chances are there is someone wanting to offload 50k or 100k but has the opposite problem - they are being quoted a really low price to sell. The house broker (in theory) could be able to match up interested parties, although the size is a bit low to be honest.

It's a bit weird that people are buying shares just now - given the markets are in a state of panic with indiscriminate sell-offs (down another 8% today), it seems odd for anyone to buy a football club share just now, let alone Saints! There's not much correlation between our price and the main markets, but even so it's hardly the time to be having a punt on our shares!

Looks like some-one found a good broker

nearly 15000 at 25p,