'76 Final on Movietonews

Fitzhugh Fella

I recently came across some old 8mm colour film of the 1976 FA Cup Final, shot by "Movietonews" and have had it put onto DVD. I have just watched it (about 15mins) and I have nver seen this footage before - there is no sound but there are some great close ups and different angles of the game I certainly have been unaware of before, plus lots of close ups of the Royal Box (the Queen in a blue bobble hat, Prince Phillip looking bored etc). They nearly miss Booby Stokes's goal but there are some great angles previously unseen on tv before, or at least by me.

My reason for posting is to ask if anyone is familiar with the movietonews footage - it starts with the two club rossettes and an a baloon and then bizarrely ref Clive Thomas running out onto the pitch, alongside the players bouncing the ball like a schoolboy?

Also is there an interest in people seeing this sort of thing? I thought I might - with the publication of our next book - do a sort of history power point presentation and this sort of footage might be of interest. I dunno I might be barking up the wrong tree but if there is enough interest I would love to make this stuff available for all to see.

I have also just recently bought about 2 minutes of colour footage (privately shot) of a Leeds v Saints game in 1948 which I know has never been seen before - just trying to gauge is there any interest out there? Colour from 1948 is unheard of. Seeing Alf Ramsey run out in a red and white shirt and Elland Road without any stands is quite something.

Please let me know if there is any interest.