Carr gives birth!

Dog

I see. Are you allowed to adopt with a criminal conviction? Anyone know?

From what I understand (anecdotally), it's notoriously difficult to adopt a child in this country. As such, I'd be surprised if "perverting the course of justice in a double child murder case" isn't up there with the more mundane pass/fail criteria.

I certainly wouldn't let her anywhere near my children.

I see. Are you allowed to adopt with a criminal conviction? Anyone know?

In theory yes although the adoption agency will probably reject anyone with recent convictions, or historic if a serious offence.

If the agency say yes the adoption panel could say no if they felt that their was a risk.

Fair play to your folks. It's a tough process. The form f assessment, if done properly, is really hard. People have to talk about their childhood, relationship history, morals, attitudes to sexual orientation and all sorts.

It has to be done though. Adoption is a second chance for kids so the adopters have to be scrutinized properly.

Fair play to your folks. It's a tough process. The form f assessment, if done properly, is really hard. People have to talk about their childhood, relationship history, morals, attitudes to sexual orientation and all sorts.

It has to be done though. Adoption is a second chance for kids so the adopters have to be scrutinized properly.

It was more to do with the fact that one of them has ms an so they were refused despite clearly demonstratin the ability to cope over a number of years and with that person having no relapses during that period. I do think it was a case of looking at the condition rather than the individual case. They got a young child and were obviously able to cope and gave them a much better childhood.