JP's Pre-Match Speech Should Include

TijuanaTim

"Right teammates, come in close, focus and concentrate on what we're saying and trying to achieve here."

"This is a tough place to come but with your level of control, skill and ability we should be able to leave here with a result. Firstly we must make the COMMITTMENT to execute what we have to do. We have to be AWARE for the whole game of what is going on around us and what may happen. Use the PREPARATION we have made for this and subsequent challenges, we have prepared correctly so when we stick to the plan we will succeed. We will play to a STRATEGY rather than using 'tactics', tactics are for when things go wrong whereas a strategy is what we have now that we are committed, aware and prepared"

"Right from the kick off we will play high pressure defence without diving in, we defend from the very second Preston get possession There should be no PNE player at any moment, even a throw-in, goal kick etc that is open. Likewise as soon as Kelvin gets the ball we are attacking. In both situations commit to scenario, be aware of it and prepare to be involved. As soon as we get the ball know that you wil trap/control and pass with a couple of ball-carrying exceptions (e.g. Adam and Lee when fit). We will keep passing to a teammate probing until opportunity presents itself and it will - often. Simple stuff."

"Two more very important things, we control and dominate games on a regular basis and yet still have execute more clinically for the result, I have noticed that we let up quite often toward the end of games, so play right until the final whistle. Also if the Preston score first we WILL score, come back and win, stiffen your resolve because this is the way it will be."

"Believe in our stategy, believe in the abundance of ability that you display, believe in the faith of our thousands of marvelous fans that believe in you. Before you go out each of you pass by a mirror and look at the reflection that in the person you have control over and who is responsible for your contribution, don't dare to point the finger at others. Use effective communication, be positive and encourage at all times, we have a common goal."

"SCORE FIRST AND MORE OFTEN THAN THEM!!"

Personally I think Jan should keep it simple.

Right lads, last year we got absolutely blatted here and it was a ****ing embarrassment. You're playing for the shirt, and the fans, so go out and deliver. No ifs and buts.

Oh, and the big thing at the end of the pitch with the net on it -- that's the goal. And I don't mean the one behind Kelvin.

Personally I think Jan should keep it simple.

Right lads, last year we got absolutely blatted here and it was a ****ing embarrassment. You're playing for the shirt, and the fans, so go out and deliver. No ifs and buts.

Oh, and the big thing at the end of the pitch with the net on it -- that's the goal. And I don't mean the one behind Kelvin.

That works too mate, just the sort of thing you can say to experienced team of consciencious pros...I just think he needs to address these children with a little more leadership and guidance.....and also ask each player in an open forum after each game what their take on the game was...'out of the mouths of babes'....

I should imagine Portaloos pre match speech is something like.........

"Thanks Rupert for your talk to the lads.Ok everyone remember what Rupert has said.Now go out there and dont forget at halftime we have custard creams."

Sign of the times.

Last season it was Boasters and Jammy Dodgers.

ps. Rumour has it, promotion = chocolate hob-nobs.