Whatever happened to...

Saint Bri

Allegedly out injured but some suspect there's more to it than that .

From the Pearce signs thread:

Thomas is not expected to be fit for 7 months, he has just had his cruciate repaired and has several micro fractures.....he told me this himself so pretty much factual ;-)

Doesn't really sound like there's anything more sinister, than the fact he's injured.

The mystery of the dog that didn't bark..........

Allegedly out injured but some suspect there's more to it than that .

Yes right, he's hobbling about on crutches with knee ligament damage just to make it look good for the public. He sneaks home, takes off the cast and goes rumba dancing I suppose.

T'is a shame... he was maligned a bit last season but is the physical presence we have been crying out for at the back.

Exactly. And I seem to remember he was carrying a number of niggling injuries while he played last season (not the cruciate one obviously!).

Seven months means realistically he's not going to be available at all this season. He'll be missed.

Yes right, he's hobbling about on crutches with knee ligament damage just to make it look good for the public. He sneaks home, takes off the cast and goes rumba dancing I suppose.

The above proves beyond all doubt that sarcasm truly is the lowest form of wit .

Wayne Thomas was fit and available pre-season was he not and still infrequently selected in spite of the teams obvious need for experienced defenders , so I remain suspicious that there may be more to the matter than just an injury .

If you prefer to take the club's official stance as gospel and the whole truth then so be it - I find you need to read between the lines sometimes to arrive at a real answer when it comes to SFC matters . Perhaps you should try cleaning your windows more often and then you might see more .

The above proves beyond all doubt that sarcasm truly is the lowest form of wit .

Wayne Thomas was fit and available pre-season was he not and still infrequently selected in spite of the teams obvious need for experienced defenders , so I remain suspicious that there may be more to the matter than just an injury .

If you prefer to take the club's official stance as gospel and the whole truth then so be it - I find you need to read between the lines sometimes to arrive at a real answer when it comes to SFC matters . Perhaps you should try cleaning your windows more often and then you might see more .

He played in our cup match against Birmingham which I think was our third game of the season.

He played well.

He got injured shortly after didn't he?

If you can explain why a footballer would pretend to be injured I am all ears. Clearly if he fell into the Stern John / Rasiak / Saga category of "players we want to get rid of at all costs" and was fit he would've been loaned to someone by now. You can't say there aren't any Championship teams who wouldn't take him.

He played in our cup match against Birmingham which I think was our third game of the season.

He played well.

He got injured shortly after didn't he?

If you can explain why a footballer would pretend to be injured I am all ears. Clearly if he fell into the Stern John / Rasiak / Saga category of "players we want to get rid of at all costs" and was fit he would've been loaned to someone by now. You can't say there aren't any Championship teams who wouldn't take him.

Please explain when and where I claimed Wayne Thomas is pretending to be injured ? If your going to criticise me then it's only fair you base that criticism on what I've actually said rather than imply I've made a very serious allegation when I clearly have not ! :mad:

He had a great game against Brum in the cup and my god dont we need a no nonsense aggresive centre back at the moment.

If we had a settled back four with players that are not playing out of position we would be doing so much better you have to build a side from the back and we havent done that

He had a great game against Brum in the cup and my god dont we need a no nonsense aggresive centre back at the moment.

If we had a settled back four with players that are not playing out of position we would be doing so much better you have to build a side from the back and we havent done that

Still, at least we're not repeating any mistakes from last season.

Please explain when and where I claimed Wayne Thomas is pretending to be injured ? If your going to criticise me then it's only fair you base that criticism on what I've actually said rather than imply I've made a very serious allegation when I clearly have not ! :mad:

I apologise.

When you said, "there may be more to the matter", I took this to mean that the injury was not the true reason. I understand now that you were actually saying that he is injured but that, even if he were not, he may not be playing.

I see what you mean.

Sorry again ;)