Beware in France from the Spring

Saint in Paradise

Every car in France will have to be equipped with a breathalyzer from the spring of 2012. The announcement was made by

President Nicolas Sarkozy in a speech on Wednesday.

The new plan will force every driver to have a breathalyzer kit in their cars so they can check their alcohol level before driving.

The president's office said in a statement on Thursday that a kit costs just €1.50 to €2 ($2 to $2.70).

Anyone caught without a kit will face a €17 ($23) fine.

http://www.thelocal.fr/1920/20111201/

Yes I know that was published on 1st Dec 2011 but I have posted it just in case no-one saw it.

this is the same kind of nannystate stuff as making sure you've got a hi-vis jacket + triangle on you also, will be interesting at le mans this year to see if they use it as an excuse to pull more people over :)

Yeah, bastrads! AND they make you switch on your lights when it gets dark. AND they try to stop you driving on the pavement. Stupid nanny state.

Having lived in rural France for a number of years, I am well aware of what goes on when it comes to drink driving.

Agreed you should see it around here,we must be the centre of the "voiture sans permis" world.

Our neighbours both have one,nice people but just couldn't pass on the old aperos and both got caught by the patrol.

Anyway you can get these kits for about 2 euros and if the brits don't like it they can stay at home.