Cardiff Saints reviews -those who were there?

NickG

It is a sign of how immature I am that the highlight of the game for me was the way in which Wright-Phillips dealt with the stick the Cardiff fans were giving him, good to see.

We played really well for spells in the first half but we were undone the same way we always tend to be. A lot of positives from the day, great turn out from the saints supporters and the conditions today didn't really suit our total/sexy football.

Only negative things were nearly every Welshman I encountered was a complete ****splash and Arriva trains deserve a medal for running a train from Ninian Park every thirty minutes and putting only two carriages on when the train platforms are overflowing with people waiting to get home, bunch of dorks.

Does anybody know where Mark Wotte was watching the game from? There was a guy who looked an awful lot like him at the back of the seating section, he left about five minutes from the end and got straight on his mobile. I assume it wasn't him but resemblance was uncanny.

I was sat a few rows in front of him and I thought it was him. He spent most of the game on his mobile. I was going to speak to him at the end but he had gone. I hope he was looking at the defence second half - I think we need two full backs and I think we will end up left to right Perry Killer Davies and hopefully Baird

A view from a neutral I lifted from another forum:

You had the better first 20 minutes, but I think that was more to do with Cardiff being slow out of the blocks rather than you actually playing well. After that it was all Cardiff, with Southampton messing up a weak counter attack every now and then.

The only positive thing I could say about your lot is that Svenson was looking very solid. Kelvin Davis was doing a bit of a Paul Robinson, making every save look about 10 times harder than it really was.

A team with real strikers is going to have a lot of fun against you if you perform like that every week.

Can I suggest a separate thread -keep the reaction one going for comments and opinion etc but have one where people who saw it first hand can add their reviews and ratings for our info -without getting lost in debates?

I went, no cutting edge up front and we looked exposed on the wings at times. I thought thomson and Lallana played well. we deserved to lose after being on the rack for 70 minutes.

I suggested this thread as I couldn't get to the game and wanted genuine opinions of those there, particularly of the new players/system.

The post match reaction threads have a lot of debate, and in my opinion, are ruined by the approach some take.

There still is a place for the post-match reaction thread. But I have found this thread to be exactly what I hoped, easy to read, not millions of posts, not much personal arguements, just good summaries and reports on the game.

Could we please have this for every game?

Thread entitled, "reports/ratings from fans who saw the game" or similar?

Or at least away games.

Do others think it would be useful?

NickG

I suggested this thread as I couldn't get to the game and wanted genuine opinions of those there, particularly of the new players/system.

The post match reaction threads have a lot of debate, and in my opinion, are ruined by the approach some take.

There still is a place for the post-match reaction thread. But I have found this thread to be exactly what I hoped, easy to read, not millions of posts, not much personal arguements, just good summaries and reports on the game.

Could we please have this for every game?

Thread entitled, "reports/ratings from fans who saw the game" or similar?

Or at least away games.

Do others think it would be useful?

NickG

Of course.

Was just 100% gutted when I got home, Saints made me proud and made me feel positive about the season coming up. Svensson was ridiculous, please just keep him fit. Though Gillet will turn into a really essential member of the team, breaking things up and doesn't stop running. McGoldrick started well but was shattered after 60 minutes, good base and hopefully we will pick up a point or two at home to birmingham. Good crowd as well.