shaking hands before the game....

lordswoodsaints

i know it is compulsary these days but i just feel that its all a bit too nicey nicey for my liking.

when i used to play football i wouldnt have entertained shaking hands before the game,especially when its a bit of a grudge match,i wanted to be fired up and focused on the job in hand,not 'doing lunch' with the opposition.

the 'edge' to football is slowly being eroded,the game is being handed over to the pretty boys,the divers like ronaldo,they are getting far too much protection and being nice to each other is just another nail in the coffin.

for me the game is about giving it everything you have got,including aggression(nothing illegal) for 90 minutes and then shaking hands after the game,win lose or draw.

if i was a rugby player i wouldnt have given the haka the air time,i would have turned my back on all the nonsense and would have relished in not giving it respect.i could never understand why the opposition would stand there and watch it,i would have refused.

exactly what has this shaking hands thing achieved?

i wonder what would happen if the players refused to shake hands before the game?

They are professional that can turn on the agression when required and don't need to be in some pyscho trance to perform.

can they?.......well i didnt witness any yesterday,in fact it was all too easy for bristol to push us around without even a wimper,a dodgy ankle tap retaliation or even a strong glance in the direction of the offending player.

and it is p s y c h o.

can they?.......well i didnt witness any yesterday,in fact it was all too easy for bristol to push us around without even a wimper,a dodgy ankle tap retaliation or even a strong glance in the direction of the offending player.

and it is p s y c h o.

Thanks for the speeling lesson, I forgot this board was full of sad tw*ts.

So you think it would have been different yesterday if the lads came out after half an hour of listening to heavy metal and slamming their chests into each other and then ignoring the opposition.

These are professional players paid to be able to turn it on, its how they got to be professional in the first place.

and it is p s y c h o.

I do hope you're not one of those fans who whined and grizzled like a ***** about how horrid Derby were under billy davies? I take it they never ever shook hands with anyone.