X saints players involvment

Matthew Le Tissier

Recently i have spoke to a few x saints players and one in particular one who has 7 years or so of management experience in the lower leagues, he called rupert to see if there was anything available at the club, on a coaching or scouting scale at any level. He was told no the new manager uses all his own people. (get lost politely i think)

i find this terrible that the club doesnt bend over backwards to help previous club captains out with work specially when they have allot to offer.

After having a lengthly chat with this x saint legend i left him to carry on laying a patio as he has now turned to the building game.

Such a shame

He was telling me about that punch and said he never Knew why he done it as it was completely out of the blue. A few years later steve williams told his it was about 2 or 3 games before glen tackled davis and caught his ankle, since then he didn't like him.

I remember when he came back to the dell they had to delay the kick off to remove all the bananas off the pitch. How things have changed!! (for the better)

god it was 1988 just looked it up! I was under East stand for that one!

If you're talking about the punch rather than the banana's, it was at Highbury. It happened in the first half. However, with Saints 2-0 up, at Highbury, the ref added on 'some time', Arsenal made it 2-1 from a 'dubious' handball, and then in the 98th minute, equalised! The ref, added on a further minute to see if Arsenal could snatch a winner, but then decided to blow for full time as the final results dhows were all ending.

I was there that day, and from that day to this, do not know why all that time was added on. 4-6 minutes were added on in the first half for Glen's incident, but cannot recall 9mins of injuries in the second. Happened a lot to us that season, and yet we were flying high early on. Great days! (doh!)

If you're talking about the punch rather than the banana's, it was at Highbury. It happened in the first half. However, with Saints 2-0 up, at Highbury, the ref added on 'some time', Arsenal made it 2-1 from a 'dubious' handball, and then in the 98th minute, equalised! The ref, added on a further minute to see if Arsenal could snatch a winner, but then decided to blow for full time as the final results dhows were all ending.

I was there that day, and from that day to this, do not know why all that time was added on. 4-6 minutes were added on in the first half for Glen's incident, but cannot recall 9mins of injuries in the second. Happened a lot to us that season, and yet we were flying high early on. Great days! (doh!)

thought it was the home game - trying to remember if I was at the away game now or whether my memory is merging with tv pics! old age!