Can you cook?

SNSUN

Did you see that programme on BBC a couple of weeks ago about a Harvester? And then last week about an Italian restaurant in SoHo?

I'm seriously questioning whether to eat in a restaurant again after seeing those two. Having said that, my daughter, Mr TF and I all had horrible gut-rot after having Domino's Pizzas on Saturday :( So even take-out isn't safe IMO.

I had the TV on at work, so was drifting in and out of it, but as it seemed to me the Undercover reporter was doing all the spilling of chicken bits on the floor. Would've been let go in the Harvester I worked in.

I think the trick is to eat so much crap food that your body becomes immune to it. Your fella clearly needs more practise.

Quite easily if you have the cooking prowess that I do. Firstly, I undercooked the pasta, which meant it was crunchy. In addition I forgot to add salt and olive oil to the water before boiling the pasta which meant it all stuck the the edge of the saucepan. In addition x2 the saucepan boiled dry.

Vis a vis the sauce, I forgot the tomato puree, added Canderel instead of sugar because I couldn't find any in the house, and forgot the salt. (Although I added it later).

To be fair, it was edible, has kept me going all day, and hasn't yet given me the squits, so there's an upside to it all. If I make it again, I'll be doing it with more caution.

You wouldn't believe I used to be a chef in a Harvester for a year when I was 16, would you...

...actually you probably would, if you've ever eaten in a Harvester..

So you made a tomato sauce without adding any tomatoes?

You should maybe stick to making toast until you get your confidence back ;)

So you made a tomato sauce without adding any tomatoes?

You should maybe stick to making toast until you get your confidence back ;)

No, of course I put tomatos in! The tomato puree is to thicken it all up, so it's more like a sauce, which sticks to the pasta, and less like a soup, which runs off the pasta and leaves you eating just plain pasta.

Toast it is. :-)