Game of Thrones

norwaysaint

Been reading the books while I wait for season 3 and quite enjoying them, surprised at how faithful they'd managed to keep the TV series. I just had a look at the new cast for season 3 and was pleased to see some of the people joining the cast, especially Diana Rigg, Mackenzie Crook and Tara Fitzgerald, but I can't say I'm that happy with Dennis Pennis being cast as Thoros of Myr.

For anyone who has read all the books, and is very geeky about GoT, you have to look up R+L=J.

It is a theory doing the rounds at the minute. It's not a spoiler as such. There is a lot of evidence in the books to back it up. But feck, if it's true, it'll be awesome.

If that refers to what I think it does, I kind of got that impression in the first book with all of that "Promise me, Ned" stuff. I haven't looked it up because I assumed it comes into the books later and didn't want to ruin it. there are loads of hints about it in the books, but none of them were in the TV version.

• 3 weeks later...
If that refers to what I think it does, I kind of got that impression in the first book with all of that "Promise me, Ned" stuff. I haven't looked it up because I assumed it comes into the books later and didn't want to ruin it. there are loads of hints about it in the books, but none of them were in the TV version.

Yeah, it does. The fact that it hasn't been mentioned in the TV series at this point doesn't mean a great deal. If we start to see flashbacks, etc - then I think the theory is most definitely on.

Would be awesome if true.