Ipad Mini - £100 more than the Nexus

View From The Top

It's an embarrassment, Essruu. It says "we don't care about a wow product. That'll do will do. These f**king idiots will buy anything, even 1024x768, and pay through the nose for the privilege"

Seriously, READ the T3 review link I posted earlier if you can't be bothered to take a look at one in the flesh. They should have consulted you first, because instead of an embarrassment, they deem the iPad Mini the best iPad yet. But then what would industry experts who have actually been hands on with all the models know, eh?

Interesting:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2228103/The-REAL-cost-269-iPad-mini--117-according-online-site-ripped-apart.html

Astonished at the profit margins made on the higher specified models. Very interesting that Samsung supply the screens.

It's because they're not selling along "what it costs to make". They're marketing along the lines of "what it means to you". An extra one-off payment of a couple of hundred quid for four times more storage than the base model seems like a good deal psychologically. Nothing new in that.

It's because they're not selling along "what it costs to make". They're marketing along the lines of "what it means to you". An extra one-off payment of a couple of hundred quid for four times more storage than the base model seems like a good deal psychologically. Nothing new in that.

Oh, nothing new, but an extra £39 pounds for a component equating to an extra £160 price. When it's put into those terms it makes you wonder.

Tablet computer vs Tablet computer.....

Four legged large mammal vs a fruit.

I've never said that these are bad devices, they are far from it, I respect what they can do. But your blind loyalty and frankly disrespect for other's opinions is laughable and more then a little insulting.

So show us where this fantastic device that out-specs an 'upwards of £500' iPad Mini, yet costs 2/5 of the price then...

So show us where this fantastic device that out-specs an 'upwards of £500' iPad Mini, yet costs 2/5 of the price then...

In discussing the screen... That particular aspect as was made utterly clear can be completely outstripped by the Kindle Fire HD. A device that costs a mere £159.

The iPad mini costs up to £539. (For the fully pimped out 3G and wifi edition.)

So if anything, it's as much as a quarter of the price for something that has a superior screen.

And yes, the Kindle Fire is excellent. As is the iPad Mini. I have used and tried both.

Listen, you are obviously at best an unaware parody and at worst a complete troll. I know you are either stirring or trolling for your own amusement. Lets leave it there.

Seriously, READ the T3 review link I posted earlier if you can't be bothered to take a look at one in the flesh. They should have consulted you first, because instead of an embarrassment, they deem the iPad Mini the best iPad yet. But then what would industry experts who have actually been hands on with all the models know, eh?

I have read the review - plus several others.

They're wrong. The best iPad does not have the screen resolution of a PC from 1999. I appreciate that people have said that the form factor is more suitable for certain tasks, but that's hardly a revelation. Perhaps, when it has a retina screen, it'll be the best iPad, and I may well give it a go.

I am sure the muggles will love it.

Ooh, the Kindle Fire is a quarter of the price of the top of the range iPad Mini, yet has a 'better' screen (but let's not mention no HD front-facing camera, no rear camera, no GPS or non-wifi location services, nor the paltry storage in comparison to the Mini's 64GB and no Bluetooth, etc... and breath... sigh.)

Ooh, the Kindle Fire is a quarter of the price of the top of the range iPad Mini, yet has a 'better' screen (but let's not mention no HD front-facing camera, no rear camera, no GPS or non-wifi location services, nor the paltry storage in comparison to the Mini's 64GB and no Bluetooth, etc... and breath... sigh.)

You are such a patronising rude individual.

Carphone Warehouse has the Galaxy Tab 2 for £149.99 with £30 cashback at the moment! can someone remind me why the Ipad is so much more desirable....I just dont get it? after all a tablet is for surfing the net and playing about with apps......... Is an Ipad REALLY worth 3 Galaxy tab2's?

If you have an Amex card and register in on XboX live you get £10 credit and £25 credit for a £50 spend at CPW meaning a Tab 2 is £84.

It was silly not to!

Edited by View From The Top