Most disappointing live band / performer

Halo Stickman

Cheers spudders, it's a Christmas present that has gone horribly out of control. Last year I bought 2 Xfactor tickets for the mrs and she went off happily with a mate to watch little mix and ..... Eh, ... Others. Anyway, for some reason this year, she wants me to go. She keeps saying stuff like "you watched almost every episode with me, you'll enjoy it" she is missing out the fact that every episode I "watched" with her was after a saints game that I have driven to, I was sitting on the sofa with a whiskey and the fact Xfactor was on is purely incidental.

Thanks for the advice though spudders, I think I will play the nipple game. I am a little worried about the average age of the crowd though as I heard the nipple game is how jimmy Savile got started.

Hopefully this thread will still be going by Feb 8, then I will be am to trump everyone with my tails of Chris Malony singing 'All by myself'.

Most memorable worst band U2 at Wembley in the mid 80s. Dreadful, so disappointed, The Pretenders blew them away as support. (But to give them their due they were great at Glasto in 2011)

Agree on Glasvegas. What is(was) all the fuss aboout

Kayne West - Dreadful, retired to the bar very fast and noticed many others did as well

Also what's Baj's favourite band? oh yeah Kasabian. Did not impress at all

Oh and a surprise curve ball - Stevie Wonder. Apart from his entrance onto stage (when he Breakdanced FFS) He played an hour of "new" stuff and about 10 minute medley of his hits at the end as everyone was rushing to the car park to beat the crush/jam. If they had had seats at the venue, the audience would have been asleep

Have to disagree about the Human League tho. Have seen them 3 times down here. Yes they are cardboard cut outs on stage but that isn't the point - their gigs are just a 90 minutes sing-along/karaoke. Everyone knows every word of every song and (apart from Bryan Adams) is the only gig I ever go to where I lose my voice for about 2 days. Perhaps best seen in a 1500 or less crowd or in a pub/revival night after a bucket of beers, and probably best if you are an old fart.

Have a few, Oasis at Knebworth in '96, probably more to do with the distance from the stage, rather than the band, but the sound was very poor & they were miles away. As a few others have said, Meatloaf at Broadlands, one of the artists I've always wanted to see live, but felt massively let down & thirdly The Lightening Seeds at the Guildhall 95 ish, just a general lack of atmosphere & interest from the band.

One of my favourite musicians in the early '70s was Van Morrison. I went to see him at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto in 1975. Never got over that huge disappointment. What a huge difference between his status as a creator of brilliant LPs (he had five great albums in a row in the late '60s/early '70s) and his presence as a live performer. No stage charisma at all - absolutely none. One element that fed into that huge disappointment was the fact that he had recently released a superb live double-album called "It's Too Late to Stop Now". I was expecting something of that calibre - but he didn't seem to give a sh*t.