Burger anyone?

bridge too far

Here in France there is talk that some of the meat used from Romania contained donkey meat and aged work horses. To date in France there has been no talk of horse meat being used in burgers. Still to come !!!

I recall 40 years ago over here China was exporting frozen cats as rabbit to France. I cannot believe in this day and age our food is still so uncontrolled and open to abuse.

Not totally surprised that Spanghero is involved though, that's 2 of the 4 rugby playing brothers isn't it ?

Can everybody imagine what the likes of Beef soups, Beef stock cubes, bovril, marmite etc have been made of?

Marmite isn't a meat extract, it's vegetable and yeast based.

I like horse anyway so i wouldn't mind some of those gee-gee lasagnes if they're giving them away .:?

Bet they're not allowed to give them to the Restos du Coeur or Secours Populaire though.

What a waste.

Marmite isn't a meat extract, it's vegetable and yeast based.

I like horse anyway so i wouldn't mind some of those gee-gee lasagnes if they're giving them away .:?

Bet they're not allowed to give them to the Restos du Coeur or Secours Populaire though.

What a waste.

You're right, been years since I encountered marmit and probably confused with bovril or something similiar that's beef.

I'll let you know concerning the Restos du Coeur having been a "beneficiary" these past 6 years. They've been serving up Lasagne. Spaghetti Bolognaise and Hachis Parmentier made by Comigel for a number of year. There are so many suspect items that taste nothing like what it's suppose to. Yet French farmers prefer to destroy their produce on the autoroutes than send it to the Restos du Coeur or Secours Populaire or Catholique. High time a law was passed forbidding the destruction of food by striking idiots. I'm certain if they donated to the charities they'd have far more popularity than their disgusting destruction time and time again.

Surprised no one's posted about the Romanian dream of access to the New Forest. By next year we'd do well to surround the entire area with electrified fencing or there won't be a pony left and the place overrun with thousands of Romanians setting up abode there