• Perry
    • Cork
    • Skacel
    • Lallana
    • Surman
    • Schneiderlin
    • BWP
    • DMG

Adam Lallana needs a kick up the backside for his undisciplined performance. He was picked wide right and spent 93 minutes playing everywhere but.

If we want to penetrate defences the two wide men have to be out on the line to immediately attack down either side. BWP did it, Lallana didn't.

Consequently two things happened, the defence was allowed to compact which closed us down easily, secondly as Lallana wasn't wide he was never in the classic wide man attacking position just off the far post.

BWP hit in some deep crosses and Skacel put in two peaches in the first half both dropping past the far post, because Lallana wasn't wide, coming in, we had nobody there.

I don't care who is picked wide, but whoever is picked there, has to discipline themselves for the team. Wandering all over the place, ruins the shape of the team and advantages the defenders, allowing time for in depth defence.

Edited by derry

Adam Lallana needs a kick up the backside for his undisciplined performance. He was picked wide right and spent 93 minutes playing everywhere but.

If we want to penetrate defences the two wide men have to be out on the line to immediately attack down either side. BWP did it, Lallana didn't.

Consequently two things happened, the defence was allowed to compact which closed us down easily, secondly as Lallana wasn't wide he was never in the classic wide man attacking position just off the far post.

BWP hit in some deep crosses and Skacel put in two peaches in the first half both dropping past the far post, because Lallana wasn't wide, coming in, we had nobody there.

I don't care who is picked wide, but whoever is picked there, has to discipline themselves for the team. Wandering all over the place, ruins the shape of the team and advantages the defenders, allowing time for in depth defence.

I have to agree much as I love Lallana I thought he had his poorest game I have seen last nite he wasnt playing wide he was overplaying taking to many touches needs to get back to basics I love him as a player and think he could be great hope he is back to his best soon

I have to disagree a bit I thought some of our passing and movement was brilliant admitedly we lack the finish some of the moves warranted but could have been a couple up at half time.

The way I saw it Plymouth backed off from the last 10 mins 1st half and all second half and defended there 18 yard box to deny us the final ball or shot on goal then hit us on the break and could have scored themselves but all in all I thought we dominated the game played well and should have won we just lack a finisher

But we did not go a couple up because we pass for passing sake some time and create nothing.

They let us do that until the ball got into areas that matter, did you miss the last 20 minutes because they were all over us

I have to agree much as I love Lallana I thought he had his poorest game I have seen last nite he wasnt playing wide he was overplaying taking to many touches needs to get back to basics I love him as a player and think he could be great hope he is back to his best soon

I like him too, but he needs to play for the team. It begs the question, why didn't JVP tell him. The same thing with McGoldrick a few weeks back.

But we did not go a couple up because we pass for passing sake some time and create nothing.

They let us do that until the ball got into areas that matter, did you miss the last 20 minutes because they were all over us

No I did manage to catch the last 20 mins and cant agree that they were all over us they had 2 or 3 very dangerous breaks that nearly caught us out but all over us ? I dont think so the breaks they had occured as we were pushing almost everyone forward trying to get the break through.

I maintain that we bossed the game played well but lacked the killer pass or shot and I am sure the possesion corners and shots stats would bear that out